16 • The Compass

After that admission, I'd kissed South Tenney like I wanted his clothes off

But, after a few blissful minutes, he eased back. "I'm curious, have you ever driven a boat before?"

Have I ever driven a boat?

"Do you mean a literal boat, or is this some metaphor?"

His low chuckle did something to me. "Your mind is filthier than mine, and I fucking love it. But, no, I mean a literal boat."

South eased the two of us off the bed, and I couldn't help but stare at the way his clean white dress shirt hugged his chest. I could almost make out the compass tattooed over his heart.

"No, can't say that I have."

South swiped his thumb over his lips, giving me a sheepish look through dark eyelashes, and I had a feeling he was getting a crazy idea.

"How would you like to drive this one?"

My own excitement caught me by surprise. "Really?"

"Under my expert supervision, of course," he added.

"You seem to be an expert at quite a lot."

He simply chuckled again, and it sent my thoughts whirling to the night we'd had sex in the shower, and to Sandra's comments about him having more passion than anyone she knew.

I'd only had a taste of South's intensity, and I wanted more.

"We could drop anchor off the coast and spend the night out here," South said with an impish grin. He took my hands and pulled me closer. "The stars are so much brighter out on the ocean."

As amazing as getting lost with him on the water sounded, I had a full day ahead of me tomorrow.

"I don't know. I have work in the morning."

"Don't worry, I got you," South said with easy confidence. "I'll have you back in plenty of time."

I'd trusted this man with my life the day we jumped out of a plane together, so, I figured I could trust him to get me back to the harbor in time for work.

But my Libra ass was wavering. What would spending a night on the ocean with South Tenney mean for my heart?

We were taking this one day at a time, and spending the night with him would give me a rough shove towards wanting more.