04 • The Bachelor Party Part 2

After having a wild time at the bar, dancing and singing like idiots, we piled into the limo and headed back to our hotel on Broadway

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

After having a wild time at the bar, dancing and singing like idiots, we piled into the limo and headed back to our hotel on Broadway.

I tossed Easton a bottle of water before opening one for West. Luis was holding his liquor better than either of my real brothers.

At least there'd be another guy in the family to help me babysit the lightweights.

West leaned drunkenly against my arm. "What's in this? Vodka?"

I rolled my eyes. "It's water. You know, that other clear liquid. The one that is good for you. Now shut up and drink it."

West opened his mouth to say something smart, and I gave him a look that dared an argument. Luckily he took the hint, and I slumped back in my seat.

Despite seeing that picture of Camilla, I limited myself to three drinks. Monitoring West and Easton all night had been more than enough to keep me occupied. They seemed intent on drinking themselves stupid, and I'd be damned before I let either of my brothers puke on my second favorite suit.

The limo bounced over uneven streets, and I watched a blur of bright lights flick past the window.

It's crazy how fast you can go from armored vests and canteens in the desert to suits and drinks in the Big Apple.

I touched the chunky scar on my chest, and for a flash, I was right back in that fight. Blood on my fingers and a searing pain that told me something was very wrong.

I pushed it aside. Pain was weakness, and it had to go. I had to keep pushing.

West had his head in his hands, elbows propped up on his knees. Looking like a wet noodle.

"We should stop at the hotel bar and get you clowns something to eat."

"Did someone say the party continues at the hotel bar?" Easton chimed in.

Seriously?

"You do know you have a wedding rehearsal in the morning, right? And then you're up in front of a thousand fucking people later in the day. Maybe we take it easy on the vodka."

Easton mumbled something that sounded like, It's my bachelor party, but I didn't care. He'd thank me tomorrow.

The limo came to an abrupt stop before the doors popped open and the entire wedding party spilled out. Flocking to the massive bar inside our ritzy hotel. I shoved my hands in my pockets and scanned the room as everyone got settled.

West approached a grand piano positioned right in the center. And I noticed he was smiling for the first time since singing on stage. Then he took a seat on the bench and rolled back the cover.

Good. Whatever worked. Whatever helped take his mind off the girl who ditched him for Fredericksen.

A gentle melody rolled off the keys, and one of the managers hurried past me wearing an annoyed look and a cheap ass suit.