Chapter 34: Fight or Flight?!

Xander

Sometimes when we face struggles, we choose the flight response or more like the withdrawal response. We choose to flee from our life and not fight against it...
Our feelings...
Our dilemma...
Our fears...
Our mistakes...
And of course, love.
Sometimes we search our whole life for something and we try over and over again to reach it, but we don't realize what we lost during our journey...
We feel it is so important, more like indispensable while in fact, we had what was more essential...
But as humans, we don't appreciate anything we have! We look forward to something others have... until we lose it all!

We - Men - do that a lot!
The better the competition, the higher the value of a woman...
We don't treat women well! It's more like a merchandise...
Sometimes when I think to myself, I say why did I ever speak to any girl I dated...
Well, it all started with her looks... not her mind, nor her way of thinking... even when I talked to Vicky and began to like her... I got so worried about her looks, her age and all these physical traits... We never like a girl for only what she is as a person...
Sometimes we don't even see it, we become blinded by how she looks and we don't give attention to the human she is!

Here I am, being this wise person that you might think -due to my criticism to men - that I value the women I met in my life while I kind of did the opposite...

Damn my life!

Guess I didn't know what was going to happen to me next...

...

Sitting next to the girl-you realized you loved the most-is hard if you find her fiancé right next to her.
She didn't know who I was as she was so indifferent and didn't react in any way seeing me... Wait WHAT? That's weird, she supposed to know me... I'm famous?!

All girls in the plane started to ask for autographs and pictures while she remained silent, the atmosphere was tense that I was worried that there was something going on...
When we used to talk and text, I was less worried about her because, she would tell me all her problems and struggles... even when I couldn't help her, she would also tell me all what she would plan for or how she would deal with it!

She seemed a little distant from her fiancé as if they had a fight or something... but I felt something more serious was on her mind.

"Don't you want an autograph or something?.... Don't you have a picture or a magazine? ... Do you want to take a picture?" I blurted out.

« Are you talking to me? Why would I want to do that?... Oh! You're that Mr. Xander Liam Litt ... well, I guess I don't know the rest ... I guess! Sorry, I recently knew who you were in the news... I am not a fan! ... It's more like I haven't seen any of your videoclips or concerts.
I am so busy that I don't get to know new singers and actors...
Since I went to the university, It became hectic »

« I do not mean to encroach on your personal space, but do you want to talk about your university a little bit... Why did you get into it at first? What are your studies about?... All details about it! » I smiled at her in an attempt to brightened the mood, I still remember how she told me that she enjoyed talking about her studies and future plans so,... Why not distract her?

« well! It's not a personal thing though that much! ...
Since I was young, I loved each series about doctors... this humanitarian aspect that captured my heart... The worth of the time spent there! ... I mean in few minutes you could save a life, and by saving one person ... you save a family. When a dad becomes ill, all the family suffer ... They feel like their support is gone ... Their hopes are gone ...their life is worthless ... his girls' hearts get heartbroken as of couse he's their everything ... the boys get scared as they became the one in charge of the family along with dealing with their dad's illness.
By saving him, all this gloomy life is gone!