Chapter 25: A Baby?

He was too good with children at the orphanage, he was kind and caring like he found his missing part while being with them but I just couldn't know why was he so much different with them.
You would say it's a good thing if a guy is good with children as it is a little bit rare but there was a weird thing about his way of acting with them and I just wanted to know his secret...

"You know you're amazing with children, you're so kind, you have the patience to deal with all their intriguing questions and even their immature acts and I just find it so appealing as you are that good with others." He said breaking my thoughts.

Me? What about you?

"Well, I love them because they are so Innocent and so peaceful; they know nothing about how much life is cruel and unfair."

"So you're saying that you have lived a lot in life but you seemed to me so joyful and fun; like you have lived nothing serious in life, you seem the kind of girl who goes to her university then stays home without talking to anybody or having to deal with problems." He said looking as if he was hardly masking his anger.

"I don't know why but to be honest with you, you seemed aggressive or mad at me right now and I didn't know the reason why!"

I really felt weird right now; his face expression changed, his jaw clenched, his pupils dilated, his smile faded, and all I read from his face was fury, pain, and sadness.
It was weird because he seemed cheerful, and nice but he turned into a different person so, I left him and went to play with the children because at this moment, I wished he would go away and leave me alone.

My dad called and told me he wanted to see me to tell me something important. I had to see if he left or not, to tell him that I had to go. And so I told him and he told me he would also come and join me as he had wanted to talk to my dad. I guess I won't get the chance to avoid him today...

My dad seemed so serious as if there was something really important or dangerous going to happen and I was as all humans are ... curious.

"I wanted to talk to Intellia privately at first, Ryan. So, could you help yourself to some food and drinks, make yourself at home."

"Okay, sir." He excused himself politely and went to the salon.

I turned around and looked at dad.

"Ryan knew that you were planning on going to America for your scholarship and he thought that he wanted to help you while you're staying there as you're all alone.
I want to tell you something to be careful; when I went to America, I got introduced to a new culture and new freedom and unfortunately that changed me and...I met a girl, we talked a lot and she helped me with my studies there and then she moved in with me...
When I got my master degree, after I spent 9 years in America,...She...got...pregnant and... She thought that I would marry her or something but tell me how?"

I was silent as I was shocked, do I have a sister? Or a brother? Was this my dad that's in front of me? I knew he was a playboy but didn't know he went this far!!!

"Why would I marry her? I got everything from her without marriage and she hadn't had any problems or concerns giving me all she had. I wouldn't trust her if we got married. Why would a guy marry a girl if that marriage changes nothing; because he already got everything he craved for."

"So? What happened to the baby?" I said frustrated, I saw one big victim in this story and it's the baby; my sister or my brother.

" I told her to abort."

"What you simply told her to kill the baby?
That's your own son or daughter?
Why?
Then why did your leave us and didn't ask our mom to abort?
Why are we some kind of special than that baby?
What did he do so you could give up on him?
Did she really abort him like you said?"