[29] You took my heart, could I please have it back?

Sorry if the whole skiing thing is inaccurate, I've never been skiing before and I have no idea about any of it! If you have any improvements, let me know, so I can make it better! I hope you like it :)

.:Recap:.

We met each other's eyes, our eyebrows contracting as we realised what had just happened. Nicola had agreed with me on something. She shook her head and turned away, sitting on her bed, and I did the same, frowning.

This was going to be a long, if interesting week...

.:Story Start:.

The next morning, I woke up to the sight of snow falling past the window. It looked cold outside, but it was nice and warm in here, especially wrapped up in my duvet. I snuggled deeper into my covers, wanting to fall back asleep but too excited and apprehensive about the day ahead.

I sighed, content with just laying there for now, until either I got hungry or we were called down to breakfast. I decided to daydream; about the day ahead, and what challenges would arise. What would James say? What would Nicola say? Was I any good at skiing?

All these questions buzzed around my head like flies, and I frowned, sighing as I stared at my warm duvet without seeing it. Why couldn't I just go on this trip and enjoy it, without caring about what others thought of me, or my skiing skills? So I could just have a laugh?

If there was a god, he had forgotten about me.

Unable to just lay there in torment, I chose to get up. I knew breakfast wasn't for another half an hour, according to my watch, but I just wanted to walk and think...and maybe talk to Alex. I swung my legs out of bed, tiptoeing quietly across the floor so as not to awaken the Devil...I mean, Nicola.

I grabbed some clean underwear, a pair of tracksuits, a pair of warm socks, a t-shirt and a jumper before heading into the bathroom to change, in case Nicola woke up. I wasn't really bothered about my own privacy - I was sure I could live if a girl saw me semi dressed - but if she saw the scars that laced my torso, she would talk, I knew it.

When I finished getting dressed, I returned to the room and pulled on a waterproof coat and a pair of waterproof boots before exiting the room and going downstairs. In the lounge area, a couple of early risers were sitting reading or chatting quietly. None of them looked up as I walked through and exited into the cold air.

A female teacher was standing outside, smoking, and bid me good morning. I returned it, and she reminded me that breakfast wasn't for another twenty minutes or so. I grimaced and feigned ignorance, going back to sit inside until she returned so I could go out again.

Finally, she came back in and went upstairs, so I went back outside and shivered involuntarily - it was colder than I had anticipated. I hurried to the boys block and hesitantly opened the door. To my relief, no one was downstairs yet, so I wasn't spotted. I hastily went up to the floor where Alex's room was, and composed myself. I could only hope that it was Alex who answered.

I knocked on the door, holding my breath in anticipation. I heard grumbling on the other side of the door, and bit my lip, increasingly anxious.