[12] You took my heart, could I please have it back?

I'm going to apologize beforehand because I know you'll all hate me for doing this...

.:Story Start:.

I screamed in pain, my hands clenching hard onto the only thing there - James's waist, obviously. I bit my lip as tears streamed down my face, my legs crushed under the car, which had driven away. My eyesight had gone blurry from the tears. I was horribly aware of things - it had only been my legs that were crushed.

I felt James shift beneath me and then prise my fingers off his waist, turning round so he was on his back and I was on my front still. I could hear other cars stopping, some beeping as they didn't understand what was going on. James lifted my top half from his body, where I had landed while pushing him forwards.

He placed me to the side so I was sitting next to him, still on the road. He shrugged his backpack off and wrapped an arm round me. I was barely aware of the concern in his voice as he told me that everything was going to be OK, the only thing in my mind was pain, sheer, intense, burning pain in my legs...

I pulled him to me, hugging his waist, tears streaming down my face as I couldn't bear the pain. He held me tighter, and for those few precious moments I felt everything was going to be OK. I heard the wail of ambulance sirens as we sat there, and I was suddenly aware of faces and instructions and my mind just went totally blank, as I passed out.

~*~*~

Third Person POV

James turned and crossed the road without really thinking. His mind was still processing recent events. Suddenly though, he was cut off from his train of thoughts as a short, brown haired girl rammed into him from behind, pushing him forwards.

He cried out in shock as he hit the floor but seconds later, a second scream pierced the air, loud and terror-inducing. James tensed up as he felt two arms around his waist, squeezing the breath out of him. He twisted so he was on his back to see the girl sobbing into his waist, and suddenly frowned.

He recognized that jacket...

It was Liz.

His thoughts were jumbled as his breathing hitched. He was confused, his mind was a little hazy in shock. He pulled her up into a strong hug, that being the only thing he could think of doing, and suddenly realised her legs were kind of floppy and not moving.

He realised what had happened and swore. He continued to sit in the middle of the road with cars blaring in the distance. A few people got out of their cars on their phones as he dialled the three identical numbers rapidly. He closed his eyes and buried his face in her shoulder.

Oh god, he thought, what if she's paralysed....

{~Liz POV~}

I woke up, once again, in hospital. My legs felt numb and I refused to open my eyes...I was so comfortable and warm...

Memories of the crash suddenly came back to me and my eyes flew open, my mind in panic mode. There he was, James Black, sitting beside my bed, looking anxious...

"Are you alright?" I asked in panic as I looked at him. His head snapped up and his eyes met mine.

"Am I alright?" I he repeated, stressing the I. "I'm fine, it's you we need to be worried about,"

"But-"

"You saved me from being hit by that car, Liz. I'm fine. You're not." I gave up and just sort of gave him a hopeless stare. The corner of his mouth lifted up slightly, probably at my facial expression, and I looked away, resting back on my pillows.

We were both silent for a while, thinking, when suddenly his phone beeped. I looked around, startled, as he said,

"I have to go, I just got a text. I'll come back tomorrow, probably," I watched him walk out of the door without so much as a second glance, and then a thought suddenly struck me.