[41] You took my heart, could I please have it back?

.:Recap:.

I pecked him lightly on the lips and smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Well," I said after a moment, his hands on my waist. "That was unexpected….but not unwelcomed,"

He grinned and kissed me again.

.:Story Start:.

I lay in bed, my heart pumping at a hundred miles an hour, still. It hadn't stopped since Alex had kissed me for the first time. It kind of didn't help that I was currently curled up against him, breathing in his scent as his hand trailed down my back.

It had been about ten minutes since dad left. In that ten minutes I had snogged Alex twice, got ready for bed and got in bed. Now my arms were round him and my head was in his chest so I couldn't see him, much to my disappointment.

A moment later I heard the front door open and I called a sleepy greeting to my dad, who replied cheerfully. He asked if we were in bed and I said yes, wondering if he meant together or separately.

I lay awake for hours. Alex fell asleep long before I did, I could tell by his lack of movement and even breathing. But I stayed awake, marvelling at the warm sensation I felt as his body encased mine, at the feeling of wholeness I now had that I was with Alex. James was just a distant thought in the background.

The hours whiled away and before I knew it, it was 3am and I was still awake. I was tired but unable to fall asleep with Alex lying with me, knowing what had occurred, knowing he liked me as much more than a friend. At 5am I yawned sleepily but still didn't sleep, wanting to enjoy this feeling for as long as possible.

At 6:30, Alex stirred, yawning, stretching. I was bleary eyed and exhausted as I hadn't slept. He moved away from me slightly and looked down at me. I finally saw his face and smiled, taking in his features, his delicious lips. I reached up and kissed those lips, once again feeling light and airy.

He smiled as I pulled away, then frowned.

"You look tired," he murmured, tracing circles on the skin on my lower back.

"I didn't sleep," I replied, yawning again and snuggling up to him. I felt his lips at my neck and his arm pulled me closer.

"Why not?"

"I don't know...you kind of kept me awake," his eyes widened.

"I did?! Oh god I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, what did I do?"

"You didn't really do anything...I was just thinking a lot and you were distracting me from sleep," I said with a sly grin. He frowned.

"Distracting you from sleep?"

"I'm not used to such close contact," I said, gesturing between us. He smiled, suddenly getting it, and pecked me on the lips.

"Sorry, I'll sleep in the guest room next time,"

"No, I don't mind," I said, smiling. "...there'll be a next time?" I added cautiously. He grinned mischievously, and that was all the answer I needed.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close, trailing light kisses up my neck, making me shiver in contentment. Then he gave me a long kiss on the lips and then made as if to get out of bed. I frowned and pulled him back, much to his amusement, and straddled him so he couldn't move.

Alex laughed and let me stay there, clasping his hands in mine, smiling up at me. I then lowered myself so I was lying on top of him and kissed him passionately, my fingers in his hair, his hands on my waist. I giggled as his hand went right up the back of my shirt, knowing it was doing no harm, and ran my fingers over his stomach.