[13] You took my heart, could I please have it back?

I know! I know! He's evil! Please don't kill me! And it's not just Liz POV in this chapter, there is some Alex too, so you have that to look forwards too even though you hate me for what I did to Liz...I'll stop rambling now...ah, no, wait, I have to tell you in case you get offended - there's actual use of swear words in this chapter, not just f~ and s~, and there's also some violence. Not as much as in other chapters, but I kept forgetting to mention it in them, so...yeah, here we go. With a lovely little cliffy at the end ;)

.:Story Start:.

All I could think about was the bad things.

The good things in my life were thrown out of the window as I sat at my barstool, staring at the breakfast bar. My only friend, Alex and the music and literature that ruled my life were forgotten. Dad, James, Nicola...they stuck to me like superglue, their dark legacies haunted me physically and mentally...

It had gotten so bad I was almost suicidal. Almost. Now I knew I was in deep depression, I'd dug myself a hole that I couldn't get out of. With the help of others, of course - dad, James and Nicola.

As I had sat here yesterday next to Alex with a deadpan expression on my scarred and bruised face, I considered becoming emo. He had talked me out of it, reminding me I was already in physical pain and none of this was my fault anyway. Alex was a very good friend, but any thoughts of him were washed away by thoughts of his cousin. His stupid, frustrating, arrogant, mean, arsehole of a cousin.

Alex was sitting next to me now, his arm round my shoulders, murmuring comforting nothings into my ear. It was amazing how supportive he'd been - he was the only thing I had that kept me sane(ish), the only person I had to come back to, that kept my will to live...

It had been another week since I first found out Nicola and James were going out. My life was a mess, my head was a mess, James was frustrating me more than ever, and my grades were dropping lower and lower. Only English and Music remained reasonably high, but lower than I had been aiming for.

Music. I hadn't practised my music song in 2 weeks and the performance was next week...darn it.

"Hey, Alex," I said, turning to look at him. He looked rather pleased that I was actually doing something other than staring at a wall like I had been for the last week. "I need to practise for music - do you want to come and listen? I need to get used to practising in front of people,"

"Yeah, sure," he replied.

I led the way upstairs and did the usual business to get into the attic while Alex looked on in mild confusion.

"What-" He was cut short in his sentence as I pulled the ladder down and began climbing up it. I reached the top, turned the light on and went in, signalling for Alex to follow.

{~Alex POV~}

Liz had been like a zombie for the last week. Her homework quality was, to be fair, crap, she spent most of her time staring at walls and she only spoke when spoken to, and usually only one to three word answers. So I was relieved when she finally started talking again in her kitchen.

"Hey, Alex," she said, looking at me. "I need to practise for music - do you want to come and listen? I need to get used to practising in front of people,"

"Yeah, sure," I said. I just got a feeling that Liz would be just fine when it came to music; she seemed to like it much more than everything else.

She went upstairs and I followed, presuming we were going to her room, so I was confused when she walked past it and stood in the middle of the hallway. She took out a weird hook thing and she pushed the trapdoor on the ceiling with it.