Chapter 25: Saved Part 2

Part 2 of Saved.
And in some ways, I'm glad to make this one its OWN isolated piece of the story. But yeah, I'm not gonna waste any time before we dive in because, there are moments in this that most of you have been waiting to see, and one that I've been waiting to release.

Future POV:
I tap my foot on the floor and close my eyes, feeling.....soft.
"So......he just came clean. And came forward. His words were.....I couldn't explain it, but it was helping me calm down. All those anxious thoughts I had from seeing him, and thinking of diving into, everything.....he just stayed calm. And I guess... It just helped me feel more, comfortable before we, started talking right then."

"Did you have a choice to refuse?"

I snicker and open my eyes. "Given how it was Albert, I don't think that I did. He was already searching all over town the moment after he learned I was gone. He got a whole search party and everything, and, having me right in his sight.....he wasn't letting me run off another time." I smirk. "And so, he took the scarf that I dropped and made it so that I didn't have any neck cover to run away with or hide for the night."

"Wow. He did all of that just for you...?"

"He did. And he did all of that.....just so he could tell me...." I then pause and close my eyes as tears fall from my eyes. "I- I might need a moment....." I gently let it all out.

Tamara's eyes glisten. "What's wrong?"

"It....uh.......it's almost impossible to not cry from those memories....."

Sidney grimaces. "Why do I get the feeling this isn't gonna be the typical make-up speech we talk about next?"

"Well.....it was. But......it's just a little more personal than that."

Tamara then speaks out. "Cheyenne? Albert mentioned to us that, immediately after he found out about....who you were.....that a lot of the personal things he believed about God.....were confirmed to be true."

I hear this and softly chuckle. "Of course he did. Ha ha. Well, uh......I know it did. And in a way......the same thing happened to me too.....as soon as we sat down."

Cheyenne's POV:
After convincing me to stick around and discuss the situation, Albert and I sit down on the bench. I'm still shaking, in my body and my breath. But we both take a moment to catch our breath and get comfortable where we're sitting.

After nearly a full minute, I break the silence, speaking with a hint of cynicism.
"So......you're just gonna leave my scarf over there in the middle of the road? That's one of my favorites, you know."

"Don't worry about it," he said.
"If you want, I'll help you buy another one just like it."

My mouth hangs open as I turn to him. "Albert, that was one of the scarves I owned back when I was the Phoenix! And it cost $5,000!!"

He then grimaces and shrugs nervously. "My.....offer still stands!"

I squint and shake my head with a sigh. "I- I can't believe you just threw that expensive scarf into a puddle of filthy road water."

He scoffs with laughter. "I can't believe you told me that was a Christmas gift bought from Wal-Mart when I first asked. Someone kills an animal only to turn it into a piece of neckwear, and put such a high price tag on it."

I snort. "You wanted to talk with me on.....the Conqueror stuff. Of all the ways we could've started, THIS is what we're starting off on?!"

"Why not? It seems perfect for a place to start!"