Chapter 19 Part 2

Now, before we venture in, let's take a look at how our other friends took shelter from the storm at the camp while Albert and Cheyenne were having their.....moment.

Curtis's POV:
(I'm honestly surprised that I haven't had Curtis as a POV character yet)

It's been over half an hour since I've assigned the groups to go prepare the traps for our water war, so now I'm tying some knots and fixing tents with Phoebe and a few others nearby.

"Are we getting everything in order?" Curtis asked

"Yeah the last time I turned around, almost half of the groups you assigned are coming back from the woods.

I cackle softly. "Ah, I'm excited. That water war we had last year was one of the best ideas I've ever had! And I just know that men like Johnathan and Vinnie were gonna be antsy for me to do another one of those. The group is even bigger, most of us know what to expect. Which means it's only gonna be crazier the second time...." I spoke with a grin.

Phoebe then smiles nervously. "Just....promise if you participate, that you'll go easy on me? I brought the wrong suitcase and I didn't mean to bring out these clothes."

I grin and shake my head, clicking my tongue. "I will make no such promises."

She groans nervously. Then as Phoebe is almost finished setting up a new tent, she looks up to the sky and looks slightly worried. "Uh, speaking of promise, didn't you mention that there was a chance for rain in our forecasts?"

"Huh? Uh yeah, my forecast said it was expected sometime tomorrow. Why?"

Then I hear thunder. I turn around and see Phoebe pointing to some storm clouds that are darkening the sky, and they're about to cover us. "I think we better get everyone inside."

The wind begins blowing hard and the thunder roars out. I stand over next to Phoebe. "Get into the woods and call out for the others. Tell them to head for the cabins." Phoebe doesn't move. "Hurry!"

Within a few minutes, the rain begins out of nowhere, and pours down on all of us.
Me, Phoebe and Mark are calling out to everyone, as a few dozen people are still running towards the cabins, since they were in the woods preparing the traps. "Alright everyone, come on!! Get inside!!"

"Hurry, come on!"

Phoebe managed to find 3 of the remaining 7 teams in the woods, and brought them back to the camp before it started pouring. The rest of them had to find their way back. So I'm still outside in the downpour waiting for the others to return.

The last group to emerge from the trees is Vinnie, Wes and Johnathan and they're sprinting right towards me.
"We're here!!" Vinnie shouted.

"C'mon, let's get inside!!" I lead them into one of the ten cabins where we're all seeking shelter. We all rushed inside and I shut the door behind us, catching our breath. "Okay.....is that everybody....?" Everyone raises their hands and murmurs out. "Okay, good."

"Ugh. Brrr. So much for the water war today," Johnathan mentioned.

Curtis and Mark do a headcount for everyone. "Zeke.....Carter......Darcy....Piper......"

"Joseph......Devon......Emmalyn..... Okay. I think we got everyone from today's challenge." Then Mark looks over at Patrick, Mason and Isaac. "Hold up. Why didn't Albert-?"

But then Phoebe looks to the Amigos with concern. "Wait. Wasn't Cheyenne with you guys earlier....?"

The three of them suddenly look at each other nervously when I turn to them. "She....might have wandered on her own..." Johnathan confessed.