Chapter 32: A New Beginning

Alright this is a very special chapter where, the NYC Church of the Rock is about to open up to New York and make themselves known with their very first service.
The people featured up top (well, the bottom of the picture) are Pastor Simon, Lucas/Luke Snipe and Ashley, who is Simon's daughter and Lucas's newly wed wife.

One month later.....

Cheyenne's POV:
"Good evening everyone. It's been about a month since my friend and I moved here to New York City. One month since I decided to drop everything and come along with....my best friend to a new giant city. And so far, it's going pretty good. We've settled in very well, we've got our new home arranged, my friend has gotten all of his supplies and musical equipment set up in our spare room, which I helped arrange to keep it from looking tacky. Even though we've already started, we feel like we're actually ready to begin going where God is leading the both of us. Especially Hi.m.

My friend, who some of you are probably gonna find out about really soon, it sounds like he's really having fun with his new team who are calling themselves, THE DISCIPLES. Although. As excited as he was before we came here. Since His first staff meeting, he's been acting, a LITTLE TOO excited. Which knowing him, either these Disciples are gonna be rambunctious knuckleheads, or there's something he isn't telling me.....which is honestly concerning because, he's gotten a LOT better at lying LOL. But also, he's been posting a lot of peculiar stuff on Instagram and Facebook, like a picture of himself next to a motorcycle with a Forty Lashes jacket- and a jacket that's clearly too big for him, which for a guy who's almost 6'1" this makes it a bit more questionable as to who gave that to him.

But besides that, I can't say that I'm not curious. Especially considering theyre opening up their doors tomorrow with their first service, and have been doing QUITE a good job in the NYC marketing and advertising. I don't think I've ever seen this level of advertising for a church before. So whatever is going on, I'm sure we'll all be equally as surprised.
Ending note

Finally, after a little over a month, Sunday morning came.
Albert made sure to get himself up bright and early in the morning, got dressed (not like super fancy-like) but modest enough. He looks like he's a child waking up on Christmas morning. He's got his guitar ready and packed, and his black eye and injuries have finally healed which means his energy rate is up to 11.

And, I'm ready to go too.
I decided at the last minute to attend this service, just to cheer my friend on. And to see how these guys roll. Plus i've already made the mistake of missing Albert's first sermon, so, it'd probably disappoint him if I don't come to this opening, after I went all the way here just for him to do this, after he's risked so much just to help me.

He's all ready, got his hair all fixed up, and wearing his black jeans, and his Divinity custom jacket. And im wearing a blue and green turtleneck with high heels and my black sweats.

As soon as we reach the parking lot, there are people flooding into the building. And there are parked cars all over the place. There is a banner above the front doors that say, "Grand Opening and a NEW Beginning."

We step inside, and the crowd inside is quite big. Even just stepping through the door, you can just hear numerous voices speaking.
The murmuring is even louder on the inside when we reach the main lobby.

The two of us are just walking forward looking around. I chuckle softly. "Wow. This is even BIGGER than I thought."

"I had a feeling it would be big."

"You did?"

"Yup. It's a mega church. Mega usually means big."

I scoff and snort in response. "Smart aleck. But still, this is insane. I mean, if you really want me to stick around, how am I supposed to find a place to sit down, much less work my way through this mob?" I asked in amusement.