2021 Watty Awards

Hello Readers,  

I started this story at the peak of HP/Dracotok (iykyk) as well as the peak of the COVID pandemic as a way to both build upon a story and characters that I loved while also finding a way to creatively spend my time during quarantine. Although I had expected to just write and publish with absolutely zero readers, it turns out a few of you found my story in the depths of the Draco tag and actually read it, some even leaving comments about how much they enjoyed it! Since then, the reader count began to rise, even at one point getting me to #1 in the dracoxreader tag (still so surprised at that)! It's so crazy to me that at one point I was thanking everyone for 2,000 reads on a story that has now 32,000 reads! While there is no requirement for a certain reader count to be eligible for the Watty Awards, the reason I even continued with this story and thus became eligible was because of all the kind readers and commenters that gave me so much support and confidence to write. I'm not really sure how the Watty Awards even work and I doubt I will win or rank in anything but I'm just glad to be a part of a community of readers and writers that connect over the love of the worlds we make together. If anyone reads this update and has stories of their own, please reach out either through these comments, my message board, or private messages, so I can extend the same support you've given me by reading. Hope you've all been well and are staying safe!

Your friend,

FireSign_Writer