X.

Halfway home, I realize that that is the last place I want to be. Not seeing Draco today feels like skipping an important part of my daily schedule. Knowing that he's out somewhere, following the Ministry's orders to obliviate the poor family out of all those people's minds is haunting.

I decide to go to the hidden park at Diagon Alley. Maybe if I stay long enough he'll eventually show up and if not, it's a nice place nonetheless.

When I get there, the sun is low in the sky, about the same time it was when I woke up alone that day. It's odd being here alone, like being the last person on Earth. The air is crisp from the cold and no birds are flying like in the day. I sat under the big tree and let myself relax. After having to work with Billingsgate every day, I could use some relaxation. He treats me like I'm below him, but wants to have me around all the time. It doesn't make any sense. And he always has to put his hand on me, it's so patronizing. I suddenly remember Billingsgate's harsh decision at the session today. I know I'm not the only one in the committee who thought that that wasn't the best or even a good option. Erasing the muggle's memories of that family is like erasing them from existence, it didn't sit right with me at all.

After a few hours of waiting, I decided that Draco wouldn't come today so I left. Walking through the wall that brought me here and down the dark alley. Right as I make the turn out of the alley I bump chest first into none other than Harry and Billingsgate.

"Y/N! What are you doing here?" Harry asks, surprised. He looks down the alleyway to the "dead-end" and raises an eyebrow at me.

"Oh, I was just taking a walk." I lie. I knew it was a poor lie but Harry decided not to question me any further.

"Hello, Y/N," Billingsgate says casually. His tone is completely different from the way he talks to me at work. Ironically, it's more professional and appropriate.

"Hello," I reply, even though he is the last person I wanted to see right now. There's an awkward silence as we stand there. Billingsgate looks down the alley again and I wonder how crazy he thinks I am.

"Well, Billingsgate and I were just discussing the incident with the muggle family. Since the Aurors got involved and all." Harry explains. I nod in understanding, but being around with Billingsgate makes me very uncomfortable.

"I see. It's sad what happened to that family. Especially since there was a child..." I begin but instantly realize my mistake.

"How did you know there was a child?" Billingsgate asks in that familiar patronizing tone. I can tell he knows that I slipped up, but I wouldn't out Hermione for telling me details I probably should not have known.

"Oh, I just assumed since the description was for a whole family," I reply, looking him in the eyes, hoping that would make my lie seem less obvious. He doesn't answer but just stares back into my eyes as if he's trying to read my mind.

"Ok, well, I think it's gotten quite late hasn't it Billingsgate. Perhaps we can continue the conversation at the Ministry tomorrow. Y/N would you like me to walk you home?" He asks, and I can tell he's helping me escape. I'm glad that we have a chance to be alone so I can ask him what he's doing with Billingsgate in the first place.

"Yes, please," I tell Harry then turn to Billingsgate, "Goodbye." Harry and I walk the opposite direction but it's almost as if I can feel Billingsgate's eyes watching us as we walk away.

A bit of way away, Harry and I start to really talk.

"Harry! Why were you with Billingsgate if you were suspicious of him? It could have been dangerous... Does Ginny even know you were here with him?" I scold.

"Of course she knew! And coming to talk to Billingsgate was because I was suspicious of him! I wanted to talk to him myself and decide whether or not he could be capable of being a Death Eater. But I have to tell you, Y/N, I don't think he ever was a Death Eater and I don't think he would be anything like that now. He seemed perfectly professional to me." he says and that hurts me a bit. Did he not believe me when I told him how Billingsgate treated me?

"If you say so," I reply.

"Anyways, you can't be spilling information you're not supposed to know! I know Hermione tells you things but do you understand that that could get us all in trouble if people knew?" Harry says with a patronizing tone that is annoyingly familiar.

"Yes! I understand! It was a mistake, okay? Don't talk to me like I'm a child." I say, looking away from him. He lets out a sigh and we walk in silence for a moment. I know I'm not angry at Harry but I'm just unsettled over meeting Billingsgate outside of work.

"I didn't mean to talk to you like a child, I'm sorry. Just... the whole situation with the muggle family that died, it's concerning and it has me on edge. I know Hermione must've told you a wizard child was killed, it reminds me too much of Voldemort. I know it's not him, if it was I would have felt him," he reaches for his scar as he says this then continues, "It could be someone else. Someone like him." He finishes and chills run down my spine.

"I hope, for everyone's sake, that it was just a coincidence," I say as we get to my front door.

"Me too. And Y/N, stay safe." Harry says.

"I will," I say with a smile and watch Harry disappear.