XL.

[Note: You can skip this part if you want but this is just a sneak peek of the Fred and George fanfic I've been brainstorming (if you're interested).

Prophecies

Amethyst "Amy" Iris Pythia- Smith is descended from one of the most prominent bloodlines of Seers in the Wizarding World. Starting at a young age, she could catch glimpses of someone's future, occasionally even of their death. But the gift of seeing is also a curse, for no one can change fate without paying a price.

In her first year at Hogwarts, Amy befriends a fellow half-blood, Harry Potter, and through him meeting Hermione Granger and the Weasleys. Immediately, the Weasley twins take a liking to Amy for her predictions that keep them out of trouble but as they grow older, the friendly feelings grow into someone more. Torn between her feelings for the identical but uniquely individual boys, she's determined to keep them both happy and safe. Safe, especially from all the dangers she foresees coming with the rise of Voldemort. ]

I woke up the next day with a lingering feeling of anxiety. The beginning of the day spared me no bliss because I immediately remembered my suspicions of Billingsgate. I know I have to tell Ron and Hermione today, but I still dread having to interrupt their freshly-engaged mood.

When I sat up, I look over and notice a small owl perched patiently on the windowsill. I opened the window and took the note that was tied gently around its foot. It rubs its head against my hand before quickly flying away.

Y/N,

Good morning. I hope you remember what you have to tell Granger and Weasley today. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on Billingsgate along with anyone he talks to throughout the day. I also need to talk with you as soon as possible. I've been thinking about Billingsgate and his possible motive all night and I think I came up with a theory, although somewhat farfetched. Stay safe until then.

Yours,                                                                                                                                                                                           Draco

I blushed slightly at the last sentence of the letter despite the context. It was an odd feeling to have him back, on the way to going back to how we were before. If only there wasn't a murderous wizard on the loose who could quite possibly be my boss.

I put on some lounge clothes and walk out of my room to the kitchen. Hermione is sitting at the kitchen table, looking through some papers that she no doubt brought from her office at the Ministry, with a big smile on her face. Her ring is even shining in the soft morning light.

"Oh, good morning, Y/N," she smiles.

"Good morning, Hermione," I reply and make my way to the coffee pot. I jump in surprise when I see Matthews and Collins leaning against the counter in the kitchen, chatting casually.

"Did we scare you?" Collins asks teasingly.

"I just didn't know you were here," I say then turn my head towards Hermione, "You didn't think to tell me we had guests?"

"Sorry," she giggles, still engrossed in her work. I turn back to Collins and Matthews and they're still smiling amongst themselves.

"Honestly, you should've known we'd be here. We still have to keep an eye on you, you know," Matthews says.

"Yeah... Have either of you seen Draco today?" I ask suddenly and Matthews raises his eyebrow.

"Should we have?" he asks. I turn again towards Hermione, and although I can't see her from where I am, I know she's still too absorbed into her work for her to notice our conversation.