XXVIII.

The next day, I waste no time apparating to Hogsmeade and making my way to Hogwarts. I'm fine walking on my own because I know the way to Hogwarts well and find it relaxing. From the outside, it looks calm but I know that once I enter it'll be crowded with confused and awestruck muggles. 

I walk by Hagrid's hut and notice him sitting outside, relaxing.

"Why, hello, Y/N!" he calls.

"Hello, Hagrid," I say. 

"Here on Ministry business, I assume?"

"Yes, I was sent to check on how everyone is settling in. Draco is supposed to be here too..." I explain and Hagrid's expression changes.

"Ah, Malfoy came just a bit earlier..." he replies and I remember the last time I was here, Harry had brought up Draco with Hagrid.

"Will you walk with me for a moment?" I ask and he accepts with a grunt. As we're walking towards the Hogwart's entrance, I spring the question on him.

"So, the last time I was here with Harry, what did he say to you about Draco?" I ask and Hagrid seems to cough in surprise. I look up at him and see he's trying to think of something that will get him out of telling me because I, like everyone else, know he's a terrible liar. 

"Harry is just worried about you, is all. You know, Malfoy wasn't the most respectful lad..." he says and I giggle. 

"I've heard a lot about how Draco was years ago, but he's changed now Hagrid, really." 

"Well if he's been kind to you then I guess he can't be all bad..." he says and I laugh. 

"Just, when you see him, try not to keep that bad image of him in your mind." He nods slowly then changes the subject.

"I've been having to guide all the muggles to Hogwarts and I think they've been getting along just fine. You made a good choice by sending them here, Y/N. Hogwarts is the safest place for them." 

"Thank you Hagrid, it's good to hear that everyone is settling in. A lot of people don't agree with my idea..." I trail off.

"Ay, don't listen to them. Everyone here is happy and safe," Hagrid replies as we reach the entrance door. 

"I'll see you again, soon, Hagrid," I say and he smiles. 

"Goodbye then," he says and stomps off back to his hut. I look to the doors and take a deep breath before walking in and when I do it's exactly as I expected. School is in session so students are walking around, exploring, or getting to classes but then there's a handful of adults who are walking around either trying to soothe babies or casually conversing with the portraits. It's a nice sight, that no one is scared and I realize Hagrid was right. Everyone does seem to be okay. 

"Y/N," I turn and see Draco standing behind me. 

"Hi Draco." 

"Hi, McGonagall wanted me to let you know she wants to have a word with you," he says and my eyes widen. 

"Did it seem like a good or bad thing?" I ask nervously as we make our way to her office. 

"She didn't seem upset if that's what you're wondering. Why would you think that, though?" he asks, looking concerned.

"Well, you already know many in the Ministry are starting to regret going through with my plan... maybe she is starting to as well." I say but the concern leaves his face completely. 

"I don't that's it at all," is all he says with a small smile on his lips. Once we get to her office, he gestures me in but doesn't follow. I walk in cautiously and McGonagall is sitting at her desk with a smile on her face.