XXXVI.

Thankfully, after a brief conversation with Collins and Matthews about my day, they left me to my thoughts as they fought over the TV remote. I was thinking about Draco, about our very close encounter, and wondered if he really had seen me. It was unlikely, he must've just saw a slight blur behind the group of people that passed in front of us right before we disapparated, but even if he did it wouldn't matter. He didn't care what I was doing. 

"C'mon, Collins, can we just watch golf for a minute?" Matthews asks, quickly reaching for the remote after his helpless act. Collins quickly snatches the remote from Matthews' reach and sticks a tongue out. 

"Who cares about that boring muggle sport?" he says, securing the remote under his legs and turning his eyes to watch some TV show I didn't recognize. It seemed cheesy and romantic and I was involuntarily repulsed by it. I didn't need any reminder of romance right now. 

"It's like they just let you both out of Hogwarts," I teased them, trying to distract myself from the gushy scenes on the TV. Collins jumped up playfully at my comment and turned to me.

"Hey, we're older than you! And we're your babysitters," he replied, making sure to emphasize that annoying word at the end. Matthews let out a laugh and triumphantly held the remote high above his head.

"Now, we're watching golf," he said, switching the channel.

"No one wants to watch that!" Collins protested.

"I actually wouldn't mind golf," I added quickly and Collins looked back at me, betrayal in his eyes. I smiles and shrugged apologetically.

"Unlike you, Y/N has taste," Matthews tells Collins then turns back to give me a smile. It seems that I was getting back on Matthews good side and I was glad. 

While I pondered about the discovery we made today at the cafe, I heard a faint tap at my window. I turned to see an owl perched on the windowsill with a note. I quickly opened the window and let it inside. It held out a small, rolled up paper to me from its beak and I took it. 

Y/N,

We managed to find out that one of the names crossed out on the list is someone from your committee. Brandon Fernsby. Does he sound familiar? Maybe you'll know to get in contact with him. Respond as soon as possible. My owl will wait. 

-H.P. 

I gasped when I read the name. I did know Fernsby. He was a quiet man who seemed to be friendly enough. He supported my idea when I proposed it and I had no reason to think he would be involved with anything anti-muggleborn. He was a muggleborn himself. Before I could react, the letter was ripped from my hands and I stared up in shock. 

"What's this? A love letter?" Collins teased, waving it in front of my face. He really is like a child.

"Give that back," I demanded, hoping my serious tone would make him back off, but it seemed like he didn't notice. He eyes went to the paper and his expression changed from playful to curious to concerned.

"What is this...?" he asked, his tone catching the attention of Matthews from the couch.

"It's nothing," I assured him, reaching for the paper. He pulled it back from my reach and looked to Matthews who was now getting up from the couch and making his way towards us. Matthews grabbed the paper, read it, and stared down at me. His eyebrows were crossed and I could sense the interrogation coming. So much for getting on his good side