twenty; change

chapter twenty; change

"Does Ellie prefer daisies or roses?" The innocent question asked from Amélie as she gazed around the market place. The two Bissonnettes walked around the London Market as André searched for a specific item. An item for his young son that he had been meaning to get for some time, but the shopping trip took a pause when Amélie went on her adventure. It was a good bounding time, with it just being the two Bissonnettes (as Amélie promised Enola to do something later, which she'd need to tell André about) and Pierre went back to the flat to help Ellie with anything she needed there.

André didn't hesitate with his answer nor did he glance up once, his eyes continuing to search the place, "Roses. White roses—" He knew his wife extremely well (in comparison to some other men he knew) and he knew what to say. The man paused after answering and slowly turned to look at his sister with a sense of confusion on his face. They had just passed a flower booth and he pieced together why Amélie would be asking him such a question, "are...are you flower shopping for my wife?"

Amélie wanted to try to hide her intentions... but she couldn't help herself. She was caught. Her infectious Bissonnette grin crept onto her face, joyously, "Yes! Oh, a lovely old woman is selling them." She answered, giddy and antsy as she thought of buying flowers. She didn't know flowers well like Enola, but she thought they were pretty. And, to her, every woman deserved pretty flowers from someone in their life. "I'm pretending to be you. I'm going to help your love life." She explained.

There his sister went again, delving into his love life. André knew how much his sister like to talk about it, love, but he didn't. It was no one else's business but his own... and his wife's, of course. "I don't need help Amélie. I'm a grown man with a wife and bébé." He slipped back into French, something he always did at the mention of his son, whom he mostly spoke to in his mother tongue. He had read that it helps develop the language in the child earlier if both parents spoke different languages.

Amélie giggled and added, "un petit bébé."
(a little baby)

"Oui." The eldest Bissonnette nodded his head, "mais tous les bébés commencent petit. il sera dodu en un rien de temps." He grabbed Amélie's shoulder and pushed her along ahead of him to keep them walking and thus so she couldn't turn around to distract them from the main goal. "Don't worry about the flowers. We have pressing matters."
(yes, but all babies start small. He'll be plump in no time)

The youngest Bissonnette's shoulders slumped and a pout coming across her face. "Show your wife a little affection."

"I do." He hummed in response with a slight shake of his head.

"Don't."

André raised his eyebrow at his sister's retort. What did his sister know about his life? Especially what he did with his wife? Even more so... what they did in private. Amélie grew flustered at the innuendo she caught onto immediately from the gesture. She scrunched her face and playfully slapped her brother's arm, "No. No! Not like that! Real romance. That is not romance."