preview; the millionaire waltz trailer (enola holmes 2 trailer part 2)

As I still do not know the exact plot of this new movie yet, or how I plan to put my ideas into it, here is a little sneak peak of the prologue I have been working on. It is still a WIP and in the actual story there will be more little details. I will publish the Millionaire Waltz soon... but I hope you enjoy this little preview :)

"Step! One, two, three. One, two, three." A voice counted off in rhythm, the snapping of fingers following the voice to the same rhythm. Music from a viola began after the counting stopped. There was a slight sway to a dress and two pairs of feet danced around the drawing room of the Bissonnette flat in London, England. They spun around in a 3-count step, holding each other with each movement. An intense dance lesson was being taught.

Enola Holmes was many things, a genius, a fighter, a detective—but a gracious dancer was not one of them. She could fight grown adults by herself, but dancing was her weakness. She never learned the etiquettes of a waltz, let alone how to do it. Her gaze remained locked on her feet, trying to not trip the man she was dancing with nor herself.

A man... why did she pick a man to dance with? She never wanted to dance with men. This wasn't who she wanted to dance with anyways. She wanted to dance with Amélie... for now she would settle for:

Pierre Huxley.

Surprisingly, Pierre knew a waltz. Actually, he knew many types of dances despite his lower class status. It baffled Enola when Amélie revealed that piece of information. Pierre Huxley, the dorky, lower class boy living with the Bissonnettes in an au pair-like job, could dance. Enola begrudgingly asked him for lessons one day when Amélie wasn't around and he obliged. He wanted to teach his skills again. It was the one thing he enjoyed about his childhood before working for the Tewkesburys.

Neither exactly wanted this situation. Enola learned to finally tolerate Pierre and decided to find friendship as jealousy finally subsided between them. They still weren't as close as their respective partners wished they would be, but it was a start. These lessons, Pierre hoped, would help their friendship... but.. it wasn't exactly great.

It was awkward. Awkward and gay (Not gay in a happy way, gay in the queer way). That's how they danced. Awkward and incredible queer. That's how Enola made them dance.

Pierre wasn't bothered by their relatively close proximity. He knew he liked men, but knowing the rules of society, he also knew how to mask his distaste for holding a woman close. He could pretend... and hopefully soon, he could dance with his boyfriend.

Enola, on the other hand, didn't have such a mask. She only ever wanted to dance with Amélie, but being too damn stubborn and she never wanted to ask her girlfriend for lessons despite Amélie reminding her numerous times that she would do it. No, the Holmes girl wanted to surprise her girlfriend with this dancing development.