five; two stupid boys

chapter five; two stupid boys

The next morning started as any morning would for André. Wake up early, have some coffee, work in his room for an hour before his wife woke up before having breakfast... and check on Amélie somewhere in between those actions. That's how he liked it. Everything stayed in a constant schedule (or close to it). Consistency was always important to the eldest Bissonnette and thus his entire life was planned... to a degree.

Today was planned like any other day. André rubbed his eyes with his free hand as he held his cup of coffee on his way back to his bedroom. He slowed down as he arrived in front of Amélie's bedroom. Remembering the events of the night prior caused a smile to rise on his face. He missed just spending time with his sister, not caring about life or his schedules. Just him and his baby sister.

Maybe he'd check on her now.

He knocked on the door with his free hand and waited for Amélie to call out to let him in... yet, no sound was heard. That was odd... Amélie was a morning person and was almost always up early to sketch something. André knocked again in hopes that his first knock was just too quiet. Again, no response. "Amélie?" He called, continuing to knock on the door.

It was wrong of him to do what he was about to do. He respected Amélie privacy. But she wasn't responding and the longer André didn't hear an answer, the more he grew concerned.

André creaked open the door and saw... nothing. No Amélie. He searched around her room, closet and even the bathroom... and still nothing. He went out of her balcony to see if she was in the backyard for a early morning sketch, but no. She wasn't there. André knew she wasn't downstairs as he'd just returned from there and they would've passed each other. Where was she? He hadn't a clue. He hurried back to his room to change into his day clothes.

Now, Ellie stirred awake by André worryingly mumbling to himself that was louder than he realized. The man had changed like he planned to do, but didn't know where to begin looking for Amélie. Ellie rarely saw André so worried, especially this early in the morning. "André, what's wrong?" She asked, slowly sitting upright.

André continued his pacing, didn't even look his wife's way, and simply said, "Nothing of concern." His intent was to not have Ellie worry so he kept his thoughts inside.

Ellie crossed her arms over her large stomach. She didn't like when André kept things from her. As a couple, they were meant to tell each other everything. "André, how stupid do you think I am?" She inquired.

André stopped and turned his head toward Ellie with wide eyes. Why would she even ask that? "I think you're one of the smartest women I know." He answered.

"Good answer." She smiled before jumping back into business, "So... what's bothering you?"

André sighed, rubbing his fingers over his eyes. Yes, Amélie was her family now through their marriage, but she wasn't Ellie's responsibility, she was André's. "It may stress you out and that's not good for the baby—" the Frenchman spewed, but got cut off.