nineteen; see you again

chapter nineteen; see you again

Was it a bad idea that Amélie went home nearly right after the fight in the Tewkesbury estate? Probably. Was it even worse that she took the rest of the injured and bloody group with her? Most definitely. Did it give André a heart attack? That would be an understatement.

Amélie showed back up to her home with the busted forehead, a bruised ankle and a slightly bloody lip and nose... according to the French girl: "the blood was mostly dry and could be cleaned up with a wet cloth... don't look at my ankle" She didn't look the worst... Pierre did with Enola and Tewkesbury being between the two with their amount of blood/cuts.

André Bissonnette was angry. He nearly blew up. He was far from composed—It was a strange sight to see. He was usually so calm, cold and collected. He threatened to kill whoever did this, to which Enola said that the assassin was already dead (and she added that it was an accident. She didn't try to kill him outright) André retorted that he'd find his body and really make sure he's dead... whatever that meant. He didn't go into much detail, more than likely he only said it because of his emotions.

Each of them recovered from the fight. (And André didn't kill anyone)

Things went back to normal—sort of. One doesn't recover from near death that quickly.

While still at the Bissonnettes, Tewkesbury found himself having reoccurring dreams that Pierre died in his arms that night... he'd wake up in a cold sweat and desperately seek out his love, who was still sleeping beside him. He didn't tell Pierre right away, but when he did, the glasses boy felt terrible. His body still bore many of his injuries, it was clear to see. So, whenever Tewkesbury couldn't go back to sleep, he'd wake Pierre up (at his request to do so) and they'd try to fall back to sleep together and would read a book together.

For the most part, they tried to get back to their usual.. and André was very involved in trying to make everything normal again in the four's lives.

Tewkesbury needed to return to his mother and uncle to take his place in The House of Lords. André contacted them that he had the boy safe and was willing to give him back whenever they were ready (Tewkesbury declared he was finally ready to join André in the house, thus why he contacted his family) It was a very sad separation Pierre and himself had.

The boys hid away hours before Tewkesbury's mother came to fetch him from the Bissonnette estate. They reminisced in the few hours they had left together, wondering when they'd see each other again. They lived two completely different lives, from two completely different backgrounds and social classes. They wanted to be together, out loud and proud, but they knew better. That wasn't reality... that was their dreams. And while most dreams were nice and easily attainable, this one would never be.

Pierre gave his love a gentle, slow kiss as they could see a carriage pull in front of the Bissonnette manor. They were still in the guest room they shared and occasionally looked out the window for their arrival. The boy sighed and rested his hands on Tewkesbury's cheeks. "You will do fantastic things, Tewky. Show all those old men who you are and never back down... and please write." His voice cracked as he managed to complete his thought. To be without Tewkesbury, for real, hurt.