thirteen; no tears left to cry

chapter thirteen; no tears left to cry

'Oh god! Oh god! Oh god!' Amélie's thoughts yelled in her head as she scrambled down the brick roof. Everything hit her suddenly when she fled her flat, leaving Enola behind... but still, what just happened took so much to comprehend. No... she knew exactly what she was doing, but her brain didn't... not right away at least. The scolding within continued, 'What the hell is wrong with you, Amélie? What in God's name made you do that?'

My Heart... she told herself. This was her heart's doing, prompted by all those dreams of hers. The action was completely emotionally driven.

'Why'd you listen??'

Because... because... because... Amélie held back her sobs as she tried rationalizing her decision. Why did she do it? Because she wanted to do it more than anything.

'Do you even understand the consequences of your actions?' Amélie did know the consequences. Oh god, her life might be over. Enola must hate her now... she could tell everyone... but Enola wasn't like that... right? That night Amélie had that nightmare of Enola exposing her to everyone may come true... Amélie wanted to curl up and cry for the rest of her life. To never be seen be another person ever again. 'You dirty, dirty sinner. God will surely punish you now. You've lost it all.' And even in the afterlife... God would surely hate her now for acting on such dirty thoughts.

Sinner! Sinner! SINNER!

Amélie wanted to block out all the horrific thoughts that suddenly filled her mind... but she couldn't. She tried covering her hands over her ears, as if that would do anything. She just wanted it to stop! But... it wouldn't. She couldn't stop the internalized screams. Her mistake was eating her up inside and the effects were bleeding outward.

In the dark alley, Tewkesbury and Pierre waited. They ran down multiple roofs and scaled down a latter to their current spot. They weren't sure if Amélie or Enola would follow them... but stayed behind and out of sight just in case. They, themselves, were trying to understand what just happened.

Pierre nervously paced around in a circle, fiddling with his hands. He grew more anxious as more time passed. Tewkesbury leaned against the wall and told the other boy to calm down, that worrying wouldn't do them anymore good. But Pierre couldn't help himself. His brain ran a thousand miles with a thousand possibilities on what happened. "Do you think they're coming?" He asked, "They have to be... right?"

Tewkesbury remained silent for a moment. He wanted to tell Pierre that everything would be okay, but both knew that wasn't the truth. Neither knew what was going to happen, and Tewkesbury expressed that with a quiet "I don't know."

"What will happen to them?"

"I... I don't know."

Pierre whimpered quietly at the thought. He didn't want his friends to get hurt or taken away. It was awful to think about but a possible reality that could be happening. Tewkesbury hated seeing Pierre get so worked up. The marquess motioned for Pierre to stop his pacing and to come over to him. Pierre flushed and shuffled his feet against the dirt floor, stopping just in front of his boyfriend. Tewkesbury gently kissed the top of Pierre's head and rested his hands against Pierre's cheeks, not worrying about his actions as they were such out of sight of anyone. Pierre slowly smiled softly and looked up at Tewkesbury. His touch comforted the glasses wearing boy.