twelve; a big mistake

chapter twelve; a big mistake

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Amélie asked Enola as the two girls arrived at the front of the Covent Market. Enola simply nodded her head. Last night, Enola informed Amélie of what she discovered about Tewkesbury and Pierre in the treehouse. Due to Enola's deduction skills, she decided that the boys must be here, a market place for garden products... a great place to sell flowers. (Amélie thought it was cute that they both liked flowers...) When Enola finished, she questioned Amélie about if she found anything... the French girl kept quiet about what she learned for the sake and safety of both boys. Enola didn't probe farther than that.

Amélie and Enola scoured the market for any sign of the two boys. They must be here, Enola assured Amélie of that. The two passed a group of children, giggling as they ran by. Amélie watched them with soft eyes. One child turned back and waved to both of the girls. Amélie instantly waved back with a large smile... the French girl was a sucker for children and did want a family of her own one day... though, she realized that it was nearly impossible with her single minded interest in partners. Oh well... that wasn't an issue for now anyways. As Amélie went to return back to Enola, she saw the Holmes girl watching her (and the quick little interaction) with a smile and... a little twinkle in her eyes. Where had she seen that look? Amélie, being the clueless girl she was, couldn't piece together that was the same look she'd have when looking at Enola.

"What? Is there something on my face?" Enola commented, chuckling softly, to which a blush spread across Amélie's face. Was she just staring or was Enola staring back and snapped them both back into reality? Was she imagining that stare from Enola by projecting her own feelings onto her? It was hard for Amélie to tell... no matter, the search continued!

Now... At this point, the girls were about to give up. They searched up and down the stalls and had yet to find them. Maybe they weren't here? But Enola was persistent and Amélie couldn't back down.

In the distance, Amélie noticed two figures among a group of flowers. Originally, she would've just noted this off as two random males... but she got a good look at one of them and one was most definitely Pierre with those large glasses. The other she assumed must've been Tewkesbury, based on Pierre's lovestruck smile as he watched him pick out flowers and arrange them in beautiful bouquets. "There." Amélie nudged Enola and pointed in the direction of where to go. Yes, that was definitely Tewkesbury and Pierre.

Enola playfully grinned, a cheeky idea struck in her head. Amélie wished to be more discreet about greeting them, but obviously, Enola had other ideas and marched right up to the boys (Amélie trailing behind her), "I want four yellow flowers, two blue and a red one–" Enola listed off with her hands clasped behind her back. Pierre and Tewkesbury jumped at the voice, startled as no one had talked to them for some time. They both eased up upon seeing the two girls they'd befriended.  Enola continued, "I don't care about the breed. Any flower will do." The Holmes girl shrugged.