six; no need to act so queer

chapter six; no need to act so queer

Amélie and Enola walked through the patches of grass in the opposite direction the train was going. Currently, they needed to find another way to London, but they were stranded somewhere...basically the middle of nowhere. At least they were on the right track though. They must've been at least half-way there.

This... this was not what Amélie expected herself to be doing. She expected herself to still be in that train carriage, sketching the land as it passed and just being with Enola. Now, they were literally thrown off a train and had two extra boys with them. Amélie didn't outright mind. Sure, she wished to just be with Enola, but she helped out those two boys who were in danger.

Enola, on the other hand, tried completely ignoring the presence of the boys and walked with a quick stride to try to lose them. But the crunching of grass behind her and Amélie told her that they were still following. Enola didn't miss a beat and didn't even look at the boys behind her before stating, "You two do know you've entirely ruined phase three of my plan?"

Tewkesbury furrowed his brows, "Phase?"

"Plan?" Pierre questioned.

Amélie turned her body around to face Tewkesbury as Pierre, but continued to walk backwards as to remain by Enola's side, "She likes to plan out everything so we can reach the end goal." She explained.

This "explanation" only left the boys with more confusion and puzzled looks. Tewkesbury was the only one of the two to speak up to continue asking about what was happening, "End goal–? Who the hell are you?"

That was a good question.. and a rather easy one to answer. Both boys knew that these "boys" were actually girls hidden in boys clothes. That was obvious now. They just didn't know who they were with.  Amélie opened her mouth to answer, but Enola put her finger to her mouth to tell Amélie to keep quiet.

Pierre and Tewkesbury shared a look. Both just wanted to know who just saved them and who they were stuck with. "Look, I believe our recent brush with death deserves us at least a name."

Amélie smiled, nudging Enola's shoulder. Their look between each other communicated that, yes, they should tell these boys. Enola sighed and gave her name with Amélie following quickly after:
"Enola Holmes."
"Amélie Bissonnette."

Both boys' eyes lit up at their names. No way! They knew their brothers! They scrambled to the girls' side, Pierre to Enola's left and Tewkesbury to Amélie's right, eager to know more. "Holmes...? Like Sherlock Holmes, the greatest detective London has ever seen?" Pierre exclaimed.

"Yes–"

"Oh—!"

"And Bissonnette? Is your brother one of the ones in the House of Lords who proposed that bill?" Tewkesbury asked. "André, right?" Tewkesbury knew of André quite well. His father was good colleagues of the Frenchman... in fact, one of the only ones André genuinely liked.