one; simple times

chapter one; simple times

In the last six years, much had happened to the Bissonettes siblings. Six years can do a lot, especially for a man with a rising political career and a young girl going through puberty.... but where to begin?

Let's start with the elder, André. Like stated before, André jumped head first into politics and found many politicians in the House of Lords intrigued by his ways of thoughts and charisma (though many couldn't crack his cold shell outside the house floor) He played the game of politics well, not one to revel his true intentions till it benefited him the most. Cunning and resourceful, but still an overall good chap. That's what made him so good. Though some of the more conservative thinkers in the house never took him seriously due to his age (late 20s) and his progressive voting thoughts on certain bills. They'd refer to him as "The Immigrant" or "The One Who Would Betray" due to his birth in French and gaining citizenship over the previous six years. But no matter, he prospered and flourished in his career and worked his way up to a high salary (though he still didn't even need it from his vast inheritance from John-Paul)

Oh, and he also wed a beautiful lady by the name of Ellie Bagnall nearly a year and a half ago. How could we have forgotten that?

Well, simply put, the marriage was arranged and intended to be for the sake of Ellie's family and their social lives. A noble family that had their wealth squandered by the father's gambling addiction. With little respect remaining, the Bagnalls reached out to many people with the offer of their daughter–almost all refused... all except André. André had to admit... he was getting lonely and he wasn't getting any younger. An arranged marriage wouldn't... hurt? And in honesty, André had low expectations. How could anyone, besides his family, even love him? This marriage was purely political.

At least, that's what André went into it thinking.

He came out absolutely enamored with Ellie. There was something about her that drew André in and wished he'd never leave her side. Her delicate yet divine features drew him in and her spirit and personality kept him locked in. The two balanced each other, not quite yin-and-yang but something similar. He was reserved, she tended to speak her mind. He was still cold with his emotions, Ellie was an open book. Their differences brought them together and brought the best of each other out. André truly was whole again (not that he wasn't happy with Amélie, but there's a difference in love between family and a spouse)

Oh, love worked in mysterious ways. Mysterious ways André never understood... but ways Amélie claimed she knew.

Amélie loved love and constantly blabbed to her brother how sweet and cute Ellie and his love story was. André claimed it was luck and the marriage could've just been a wealth gain with no strings attached. Amélie never understood why social class and finances were a driving factor behind marriages. She always believed it should be out of love! Naive Hopeless romantic–André called her. He tried explaining that just not how things worked, but she wouldn't hear it. She claimed that André loved Ellie. The man retorted again by saying it was different. He did love Ellie, but normally thing didn't happen that way. Amélie just shrugged her brother off and dreamed that one day she'd find her one... her one just like André.