epilogue; the future is up to us

"How to conclude? How to conclude?" Enola hemmed and hawed, tapping her finger against her chin. A good love story needed a happy ending! All those straight princesses in fairytales got one with their princes, so she believed she and Amélie deserved one. Two princesses with a happy ending. She needed to tell her audience about the end of this chapter... and a new start with Amélie.

The two girls were in Enola's new place, a new bedroom flat in the center of the city. It was not far from the Bissonnettes own flat, but it was nothing in comparison. It was still a nice little place, brighter and livelier than the place the girls shared during the beginning of their adventure. Currently, the two were having their date, and even though they needed to hide while doing so, they always enjoyed each other's presence... and it was nice to have a place in good condition while being together (Though, Amélie could be anywhere on Earth as long as she was able to spend the time with the girl she liked.) Enola continued to walk in circles, trying to think, "The audience needs a good ending!"

Amélie sat on the edge of Enola's new bed, much bigger than it was before as well. She had arrived not long ago. She still held the flowers that she bought with her brother. Her feet dangled off the side as she watched the girl with a dreamy gaze. Even pacing, she could watch Enola do anything for hours. She giggled and simply shrugged. "I never talked to them. I wouldn't know what they like to hear."

Truth be told, Amélie didn't understand who this "audience" was. Perhaps it was a figment of Enola's imagination, to which she wouldn't judge if it was. Maybe it was someone watching in one their lives. But she, truly, didn't know... maybe Enola would point them out to her some day.

"You really should." Enola stopped in place, finally looking at her love. "I do know what they like. It's you."

A blush met Amélie's cheeks. Was this Enola's trying to flatter her? Well... it was working. Why was she still getting so flustered when Enola complimented her? They both knew about those feelings... why be so embarrassed? She wasn't... it was still a little odd to hear the love-filled comments. "Are you going to take your flowers?" She asked, moving the bouquet toward her slightly. It was a bunch of deep blues and purples, the nicest ones at the stand, ones she believe Enola would like the most.

"Oh, yes! Let me fetch a vase." Enola turned on her heel to go out of the room, to the shared area among those who lived in the building, to see if there was an empty vase around.

Enola didn't like the flowers... no, she loved them. Amélie knew this, of course, and it was one of the reasons she bothered André to take her back to the flower stand. Love could easily be shown with flowers. Enola got flowers from her mother all the time, they had their own coded language in flower names. However, the Holmes girl loved flowers the most when they came from Amélie.

"Forget-Me-Nots and blue violets." She pointed out almost immediately upon seeing the beautiful bouquet when Amélie arrive. Enola grinned, her eyes glowing as they bounced between gazing at the flowers and Amélie's own eyes, "flowers of love."