seventeen; the realization

Amélie, Enola, Tewkesbury and Pierre: the group finally back together and completely reunited. It didn't feel real at first. This moment had only been a dream in Amélie's head for the past week and now, it was finally a reality!

Now... could any more of Amélie's dream actually come true? She could only wish.

The dream of being in a relationship with Enola was brought to the back burner while the girl was away at the finishing school. After the talk with her brother and accepting who she was, Amélie didn't freak herself out more with what would happen between her and Enola while they were apart. She only thought of being back with the girl she liked. However, here they sat, side by side. Together Again. The thoughts of the consequences to her previous actions invaded her dream.

Did Enola still like her? By the reaction back at the school, Amélie assured herself that Enola didn't hate her for the kiss.

'It wasn't wrong,' Amélie's thoughts told her. 'You can like girls... not publicly but still. What was wrong was kissing Enola so randomly. She doesn't hate you, but at the very least apologize and ask if she even wants to be friends still...'

Those were thoughts the French girl could agree with. Her heart wanted to be girlfriends with Enola, not friends. That was her dream. But logic needed to invade a dream sometimes. With a heavy heart, dreamer Amélie accepted that as her reality for the moment.

The motor car zoomed down the dirt road and through the wooded forest. It was a wonderful sight... perfect for a sketch. Amélie loved how it looked even if she couldn't see too much of it. The ever green trees, the blue from the sky just behind it... The scenery helped distracted her from the growing conflict within her.

Enola addressed the group with her most sincere gratitude, "Thank you. That was, uh... you did save me." Tewkesbury chuckled, resting his chin on his hand as he leaned forward. The boys nudged each other with little smiles. They actually did something helpful! The Holmes girl continued, "The best bit was Amélie's and my idea, but I suppose you boys did save me too."

The smiles slowly shrank away to not be as big. "You're welcome... I think." The marquess trailed off as Enola's words sunk in. Both boys flashed confused looks to each other. It didn't sound too sincere but that was just how Enola was. She was grateful for the other three in the car with her.

"I didn't like it in there." Enola confessed.

"I could've assumed." Pierre said, adjusting his glasses falling down the bridge of his nose, "you seemed miserable in your room."

"Agreed. Aren't you happy to be out?" Amélie asked with a tiny smile.

There was a sparkle in Enola's eyes... that look. That glimmer. The look Tewkesbury and Pierre always gave each other. The look Amélie always gave Enola. Amélie could recognize it anywhere now. She nodded, "Very." Their eyes remained locked with the glimmer in their eyes. The French girl didn't breathe the entire time... Enola was breathtaking, utterly perfect to Amélie... even if she looked slightly disheveled from ripping apart her dress from the finishing school.