OO8. HUNGER AND TALK

CHAPTER EIGHT.
❝ HUNGER AND TALKS. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"So, you're telling me you've been working here for 10 years?"

Daniela watched the two older people in front of her, eating her ramen while listening closely to what they were saying. Although she was intimidated by Ms. Lenard, the girl quickly figured out she was naturally cold. Much to Mr. Adrien's surprise, though, Ms. Lenard quickly warmed up to Daniela, cracking a small smile when the young girl danced happily in her seat as she ate.

"Yep," Mr. Adrien nodded. "We've been here ever since Dream got into this business. We taught him to be... himself while he showed us how to protect ourselves."

Daniela snorted a little bit. "That sounded wrong," the two older people rolled their eyes at the childish giggles that escaped her before a more of a serious expression overtook her face. "Have you guys ever tried leaving?"

"Of course not," Ms. Lenard shook her head. "We all basically raised him and we're all here for him."

"Kind of like Beauty and the Beast, huh?" Daniela arched an eyebrow, a ghost of a smile playing on her lips. Ms. Lenard smirked a little as she took a sip of her drink while Mr. Adrien breathlessly chuckled.

"What about you?" The man asked. "Why are you here?"

"My dad stole something of Dream and two other people," Daniela sighed, rolling her eyes as she made eye contact with both. The two noticed she did that a lot... very intensely. "He owes like around 20 millions dollars so, in hopes that he would keep his word that he would come back, they're keeping me here as some type of leverage."

"Ah, explains," Mr. Adrien let out a small sound. "You look irritated by even thinking about him."

"Because he's a jerk," Daniela swallowed her food, drinking the water Ms. Lenard had gracefully served her. "He's a good for nothing man and he hasn't taken care of me not even once."

"He never took care of you?" Daniela shook her head, continuing to eat, satisfying her empty stomach as she happily swayed side to side in her seat. "Hmm, what a jerk then."

"Mhmm," Daniela quickly agreed before turning to look at Ms. Lenard. "You're cool. I like your vibes."

"Vibes?" Much to Mr. Adrien's shock, again, Ms. Lenard chuckled a little. "Hmm, thank you for the... compliment... Anyway, are you finished with your food? I can wash the dish."

"No," Daniela shook her head, standing up and swerving Ms. Lenard who tried taking the plate away from her. The girl kept dodging her, though, since she was taller than the maid. She headed towards the sink and immediately started washing her dish, giving the other woman a smirk. "I got it."

Daniela started humming and smiled even wider when Mr. Adrien took out a couple slices of cake, showing it to her. He gave it to her and the girl devoured it as if she hadn't eaten, which, clearly, she had. But, they couldn't exactly judge at all. They were eating with her.

"What are you doing here?"

The three looked up at the person who spoke and, no surprise, Dream was standing there, eyebrows furrowed while a speck of blood was on the top of his left, arched brow.

"Eating?" Daniela squinted her eyes at him with a tone that said it all since it was pretty obvious that she was eating. "Is it a crime now to eat or do I have to be fed once in a month?"

Ms. Lenard snickered and Dream, much like Mr. Adrien, stared at the older woman with confusion. Having noticed his stare, she turned to look at her boss.

"What?" Ms. Lenard shrugged, eating cake. "She's funny."

"See? I have a sense of humor unlike you," Daniela innocently smiled, staring down at her cake, humming happily. Dream rolled his eyes and turned to look at Mr. Adrien.

"Sorry I didn't eat with you two today," Dream apologized, grabbing the plate of food Mr. Adrien passed him. "I was dealing with something."

"Don't worry about it, kid," Mr. Adrien shook his head, sitting back down. "We know how busy you are, but eat something way earlier instead of eating at 5 am."

"I've been too busy with the problems her father created," Dream ran a hand over his hair, not glancing at the girl who was still eating, her eyes droopy. He headed towards the refrigerator and grabbed a drink, closing the door right behind him as soon as he got what he wanted. He turned around. "Mr. V is being a pain in the ass and I swear if he doesn't shut his mouth up, I'm gonna kill him."

"Mr. V sounds like a lot of work," Daniela hummed, standing up to wash her plate, looking up when she felt someone staring at her. She made eye contact with Dream and looked at him confusedly. "What?"

"You're washing your own dish," Dream pointed out.

"Yeah?" Daniela slowly let out, squinting her eyes at him. "Am I not supposed to be cleaning my dish?"

"I'm just saying that because you have your maid who fucking babies you," Dream retorted, rolling his eyes.

"She doesn't do everything for me," Daniela, too, rolled her eyes. "I'm an adult, not a child, dumbass. I bet you have your dishes washed."

Dream scoffed, turning to look away from her. "Anyway, I have some work to do and then I'll head to sleep. You two better sleep, too, and you," he looked back at the girl, "I have a meeting tomorrow with the people your father stole from, stay in your room. I don't want you to go out."

"Yes, sir," Daniela sarcastically smiled before glancing at Me. Adrien and Ms. Lenard. "Goodnight. Thank you for telling me where the food was and for the talk. You guys are very cool, thank you." She turned around and looked at Dream, a sigh escaping her lips. "Goodnight."

"Night," Dream snorted, moving to the side so she can walk out of the kitchen. She quickly left and Dream turned to look at the chef and maid as soon as she was out of earshot. "I'm going to shoot her, too, if she talks to me that."

The two older people laughed.

"Leave the poor girl alone."

"I doubt it, Dream. I feel like she'll shoot you first instead."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Imma take a big ass nap 😴