O25. WOMEN WHO RAISED HER

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE.
❝ WOMEN WHO RAISED HER. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"What are you guys doing here?"

Daniela stood by Dream's side by his desk as he was sat on his own chair, inspecting the women in front of him.

"We tracked your phone," Lucia, the one with short, red hair—Dream noticed—spoke with a scolding tone. "You didn't answer and we thought something horrible happened to you. So, we went to your stupid father's house and I saw a police car parked. Asked if they saw you, nothing."

"I knew giving you your phone back was a horrible idea," Dream mumbled, loud enough for Daniela to hear since it was aimed towards her. "You guys should be lucky that you didn't get killed. I have snipers on the roof."

"Oh, please," Guadalupe scoffed. This one, Dream noticed next, had almost raven hair and a crooked nose. Her features were defined and her skin was a bit darker than the red-haired woman. He looked at Guadalupe and then at Daniela, noting the similarities. "We lived in a conservative area, we've dealt with worse than this."

"Guys," Daniela stepped in between Dream and her grandmother's intense eye contact, "grandmas, listen, he's protecting me."

"Protecting you?" Guadalupe stood up. "He's a killer! Daniela, he's in the mafia. He is the mafia. He's the leader for God's sake! He killed a whole bunch of innocent people in the supermarket down Market street. He sells drugs and makes money off of it, especially when a person dies from them. So, yes, it's hard for me to believe that someone like him is protecting you."

"Hmm," Dream simply hummed. Rolling his eyes, he took of his blazer, exposing the dark blue turtleneck he decided to wear which he draped over his seat. He looked at both women and looked at Daniela. "Her dad stole from me."

Guadalupe scoffed as Lucia shook her head. "Pathetic."

"Stole from another mob boss," the women mentally killed Ivan in their heads, "and he stole from the owner of Las Nevadas. I also got word that he stole from another boss in Italy."

"How-how much does he owe?" Lucia breathed out, her arm wrapping itself around Daniela's waist who went to go sit down beside her on the armrest.

"Around $20 million or so," Dream answered and he swore that if both women weren't sitting, they would've been fainting by now. "He left later on, giving me his possessions so I knew he would come back for them but, he gave me Daniela in the meantime as part of his possessions."

"Excuse me?" Guadalupe looked at her granddaughter who nodded and shook her head.

"I only had her stay here until her dad came back but," Dream sighed and leaned back, "Ivan decided to be an asshole and tried to hide from me. Clearly, we found him with the help of Daniela but, it was still a bit hard trying to pinpoint him."