O24. A "DATE" IN THE GREEN GARDEN

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR.
❝ A "DATE" IN THE GREEN GARDEN. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"What if I was... an otter?"

Daniela had the urge to go outside. She did. But, everyone was busy so in the meantime, she was inside, thinking of the otters that she had learned about in high school.

"I could rub my face," she continued to murmur, "or hide my favorite rock under my armpit... swim around... Hmm, but I don't like water."

Anyone would think she was crazy, talking to herself in a room big enough that it looked like an apartment. She was just in bed, thinking, turning, and she even went to the kitchen and asked if Dolores and Mr. Adrien needed help. Ms. Lenard was in the other room, serving Mr. V, so Daniela thought they would need help... they didn't.

Daniela tried cleaning her room and she even offered to clean Sapnap's room, which he was about to agree to but, he had to go to an emergency meeting with another leader. So, with no clear permission, Daniela couldn't go to his room.

"Hmm, going a bit crazy, aren't you?"

Daniela sighed as she heard the voice and turned to look at Dream as he stood in the doorway, hands clasped in front of him.

"Well, since someone doesn't allow me to go out—"

He chuckled, stepping closer. "You can go out..." Daniela furrowed her eyebrows as she sat up at listening to his words, "as long as you have someone."

"Everyone's busy," Daniela gave him a look before smirking. She knew Dream found her annoying, so if she was going to suffer, he is going to suffer, too. "What are you doing here?"

"Wanted to see that you didn't escape," Dream hummed, looking around the room. "Now that I see you're being, well, you, I'll take my leave."

"So you're not doing anything?" The girl asked as soon as Dream turned around to leave to his office. He shook his head and left, leaving her to follow after him. "Alright, thanks for offering to take care of me."

"Huh?" Dream jerked back, glancing down at her. "Excuse me?"

"Come on," Daniela grabbed his wrist. "We're going to the garden outside. You need sun."

"I'm good staying inside," Dream rolled his eyes, though, he allowed himself to be pulled. "Why do you even like gardens? Nonetheless, flowers."

She led him around the corner, Dream having a straight face when he saw his guards coming into view. "Gardens are nice! The flowers, the birds, bees, what's not to love?"

"Hmm."

The two ended up outside, green and a beautiful palette of the colors red, pink, and violet coming to view. It was beautiful. It was the golden hour considering that it was the afternoon, the moon show casting shadows on each petal of every single flower. Daniela didn't know who took care of the garden, but they did a pretty good job.