O3O. GIRL ON HER DEATH BED

CHAPTER THIRTY.
❝ GIRL ON HER DEATH BED. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Where is she?"

Dream asked Dolores as soon as he got to his home, making sure to alert Mr. V, whose meeting it was, that he wasn't going to be able to make it. He also told him about the situation.

"Up in her room," Dolores answered, gulping a little at eyeing his calm demeanor, his blazer given to one of his guards beside him, sleeves rolled up. He immediately headed up to Daniela's room, leaving everyone downstairs to be nervous.

Dream calmly headed to Daniela's room, opening it to see her sleeping on the bed, a wet rag still on her forehead. He tentatively went in and headed towards her, placing a hand on her face to feel the warmth and sweat on her face.

"Dolores?" Daniela mumbled, not opening her eyes. "I already ate... I don't feel like eating."

"Did they give you soup?" Dream asked in a hushed voice, almost as if he spoke any louder the walls would tumble down. Daniela took a deep breath in, ignoring the nausea she felt.

"Where's Dolores?" Daniela questioned. Dream scoffed, a small smile on his face. At least she was aware that he wasn't her, which gave him small hope that she at least noticed her whereabouts. "Oh, my God... are you here because I didn't go to my appointment?"

"I found out you're sick," Dream hummed, grabbing the rag and making sure it was wet enough to put back back. "I'm going to go and make sure—"

"They did their best," Daniela stopped him as he stood up. "I don't want to deal with you yelling. Dolores told me how you get while I was trying to nap. You're really harsh, asshole."

Dream gave her a straight faced expression and rolled his eyes. "Fine, I won't. I have to work on some things but, you better rest. I'm serious Daniela."

"I will, I will,"

Dream stayed where he was at, watching as she drifted back to sleep. The girl moved the blanket she was cuddling a bit down to rest under her armpits, a shaky breath escaping past her lips. Dream noticed that before focusing on the way she trembled and how her skin looked yellow instead of the natural skin color she liked comparing to a "caramel." He knew those symptoms too well.

"Is she okay?"

Dream looked up and saw Mr. V coming in, blood staining his shirt. He clearly was in the middle of something while he probably got Ms. Lenard's call that Daniela wasn't doing too good.

"Call the docs," Dream breathed out, standing up and towering over the sleeping girl. He checked her pulse and looked at Mr. V. "She's having difficulty breathing, skin turning yellow, and she's been in and out of consciousness."