O10. THE GIRL IN THE PAST

CHAPTER TEN.
❝ THE GIRL IN THE PAST. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"You know, for someone who doesn't want to see me, you're obsessed with me."

Daniela looked at Dream, eyes meeting his while she sat on the stairs of the backyard. He rolled his eyes and looked down at her as she looked away from him.

"I thought I told you to stay in your room," he spoke, making her snicker, leaving him confused about what was funny. As if reading his mind, the girl glanced at him. "What?"

"You told me to be in my room when there was a meeting," Daniela explained. "You never mentioned to stay inside the room forever." She looked up at him. "You're really fitting into the role of the Beast, huh?"

"What are you talking about?" Dream sighed, clasping his hands behind his back while he fixed the buttons of his black button-up with one hand. "Listen, stay in your fucking room. There's a balcony, you can breathe there."

"Are you insinuating that I'm not breathing at this exact moment?" Daniela feigned a look of shock as she stood, placing a hand on her chest to add more emphasis to her emotions. "Wow, I guess you do know me more than I know myself apparently."

Dream stared at her with a bored expression. "Ms. Lenard was calling you, by the way. Supposedly she was having issues with your maid because she unexpectedly started to speak Spanish and she can't understand her."

"Oh," Daniela stood up, passing an empty plate to Dream who looked at it in his hands. "Sorry. I got small hamburgers. I would've saved you some but, I don't like you very much."

"Hmm, feeling's mutual," Dream passed the plate to the guard next to him. "Anyway, I came here to talk to you about security and your protection."

"Yeah, I have my fists," Daniela raised her hands, eyeing them curiously. "I used to box so I could punch my dad one day... I punched him on the eye once, it didn't end very well."

Dream gave her a weird look before shaking his head. "Anyway, this is your guard. He's not allowed to speak to you, he will just be there. If he can tolerate you and you start getting used to him being over your shoulder, I will give you more."

"Hmm," Daniela hummed. "Okay."

"Okay?" Daniela eyed the man once she heard his confused tone.

"What?"

"I just didn't think you would agree with it so... easily. I thought you would've fought and how you could protect yourself and shit."

"I mean, do you want me to?" Daniela raised an eyebrow. "Because, I can. I can easily, like, fake cry. I can get mad, too, so if you want me to argue with you, I'll do it."

"Please, don't," Dream sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose before shaking his head. "Go help Ms. Lenard with your maid," he looked over his shoulder and stared at the guard, "and you, go with her or else she's going to go to the wrong room of the house."

"It's not my fault that you couldn't buy a decent, small home," the girl scoffed, following after the guard who opened the door for her, leaving her to wait for him since she forgot where the kitchen was.

Following after the man, Daniela walked inside the kitchen where she saw Dolores and Ms. Lenard cooking, no sigh of distress or anything that was worrisome. She rolled her eyes as she realized that Dream had used the two women against her to have her go inside because, the women were completely fine!

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Mr. Adrien spoke from his station on the kitchen island where he was mindlessly cutting tomatoes and onion. "Did you want more food?"

"No, Dream told me that I couldn't be outside and that I needed to come here because Ms. Lenard needed help with something. Clearly, you don't."

"That kid," Mr. Adrien shook his head, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand to help soothe the sting the onions brought, but Ms. Lenard slap his hands, shaking her head. "He's never had any type of... hostage, much less a girl, here so he doesn't know how to function apparently."

Daniela snorted, sitting down in a stool to watch the man cut the vegetables. "Fucking loner."

"He hasn't had a girlfriend since," Mr. Adrien made a thinking face before glancing at Ms. Lenard, "when was it?"

"Two or three years ago?" Ms. Lenard shrugged, unsure as well.

"Well, it's been a few years," Mr. Adrien said. "They just didn't live together because, I don't know, she was annoying and we were all against it."

"We hated her," Ms. Lenard scoffed. "She didn't have any manners, she was a brat, and, she was always telling Dream to kill people for her."

"Wow," Daniela gaped at them and propped her chin on her palm, elbow resting on the marble island. "Tell me more." As if getting out of a trance, she furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head. "Never mind. I don't want to hear any of it. It's his business after all."

"Eh, we always talk about it and he's okay with it so if you just want to have some conversation starters with him, start with that," Ms. Lenard breathlessly chuckled.

"What happened to the girl?"

"Oh, she got killed," Mr. Adrien shrugged his shoulders as if he didn't just drop a big ball of information. "Dream had her taken to the White Room after she was caught cheating on him with the enemy."

"The White Room?" Daniela thought out loud. "What is that?"

"We don't know," Ms. Lenard shrugged, passing Dolores some chicken for her to cook. "We're not allowed there either. Dream doesn't really want us to see... the mess that he leaves behind but, I have an idea on what it is."

"Me, too," Mr. Adrien nodded before he eyed the feared expression on the girl's face. "But, don't worry! He's not going to do anything to you. You seem to be the one that always stands up to him, right?"

"Yeah and me and him don't get along so that's why I'm a bit scared."

"He won't do anything."

"He'll take Sapnap in there first before you so stop worrying."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry for the very late
update 🥲 I had to take
a small mental health
break again but I'm back
and ready to update 😎