O14. DANIELA, DREAM'S MAID

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.
❝ DANIELA, DREAM'S MAID. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Have you found my dad yet?"

"The asshole is running," Dream rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest, walking around his office. "It's been a week. He looks dumb as fuck but, he's smarter than what people think."

Daniela snorted. "My dad is nothing but dumb. He stole around 20 million worth of shipments without getting caught and was even able to basically hide me from all of you. My dad can be a bit of a charmer and smart, a private man, too, because I don't even know what his second name or my grandparents name."

"Well, right now," Dream turned George's computer around to show the girl every surveillance camera from the state Ivan was in. All of them showed the exact same thing; Ivan not on sight, "your dad is hiding. He's making note where each camera is because he knows that I'm watching him."

"Hmm," Daniela hummed, eyebrows starting to furrow, "he couldn't have possibly left the state then. If he didn't appear in the airport's cameras, he's still there. As long as you keep a close eye on the airport's cameras, you'll be able to find him."

"Dream, your flowers are dying," Sapnap came barging in, showing him a picture of the garden, "also, Daniela received another gift. Judging how it was last time she opened it, I opened it for you. It's a bunch of mice. Dead."

"What is with this man and sending me dead animals?"

"Actually, a dead mouse or mice can symbolize a lot of things," Dream mumbled, eyeing one of his books. "One of them is that it is a symbol that you missed an opportunity. So, he's mocking me."

"Mocking you?"

"That I didn't kill him when I had the chance," Dream calmly finished, still staring at the book in his hands, running a finger over the page to fix the crease of the page. "Get rid of the dead mice. Call George to get his computer and to continue. Meanwhile, you have a shipment soon so get your men ready and the weapons."

"Yes, sir," Sapnap breathed out, walking out of the office.

"And you," Dream turned to look at the girl, "the garden indoors is free. Knowing that your dad is giving you gifts, the men sending them are going to harm you if you're even on sight getting ahold of them, so... Stay inside."

"Fine," Daniela groaned silently, shaking her head.

"I need to also make sure Mr. V isn't suspecting anything," Dream continued to add on, tilting his head to the side to think. "The old man is also too smart for his age. He may be close to losing his hearing but he has everything we need."

"Mr. V sounds like a grumpy old man."

"He killed his wife because she wore a dress he didn't like," Dream said, craning his head this side to side as if he didn't just reveal absurd news. Daniela immediately eyed him, a shocked expression in her.

"What?"

"Yeah, he's nuts," Dream sighed. "So, imagine what he would do to you. He shot his first wife because of some stupid clothing while you are the daughter of the man who stole from him."

"Wow, you're so nice at comforting," Daniela dramatically sniffed, shaking her head at the leader who shrugged as if he didn't just drop such news.

"I try," she could see his eye smile, a sarcastic one. She could see that even underneath the black face mask he was wearing, he was still giving her a sarcastic smile. "Anyway, you can call your grandmas, I'll give you some phone time until I have to leave. We can't let anyone else know about your whereabouts. As long as your family knows you're alive and well, they won't worry."

"Okay," Dream could see that even under the hard exterior she tried to put up for him she clearly missed everything from her life before her father got her into this mess.

One thing Dream didn't like was when women or children were involved in the mess he was in. He didn't like the thought of both being hurt because of his mistakes or because of a deal gone wrong. He'll admit, he went through a stage where he didn't give a shit if he killed either when a deal he wanted didn't go right. He didn't care. But, he was made leader of this mafia long after his uncle passed the business to him shortly after Dream turned 15.

As he grew and realized his mistakes, one where Ms. Lenard's life was put on the line and Mr. Adrien's son had been hurt—he survived, he realized that he became exactly the person he didn't want to become. Yes, he made everyone afraid, and yes, that made him partially happy, but he was alone in a house filled with a bunch of people. He had support, he had his friends, so why did he feel alone?

"Where's my pho—?" Daniela could barely finish her sentence before Dream gave her-her phone, watching the way her eyes lit up at being able to call her grandmas. "Thank you... Good luck on your meeting with Mr. V!"

The girl scurried away but Dream stopped her. "Remember that I'm going to tell you when your times up."

"I know, Dream."

"In the meantime," he gave her the keys of the indoor garden he forgot to give her, "take care of my plants. I deeply admire the garden and I haven't had the chance to check up on them."

"The garden indoors, right?"

Dream nodded. "Yes, that one."

"Wait, why don't you tell one of the maids to water the plants?" Daniela asked, giving him a confused look.

"I'm the only one, aside from Sapnap or George, that is allowed to go inside," Dream explained, grabbing his gun and putting it behind his back by his belt. "That garden is amazing... And also, because the maids have finished their jobs and are heading home early and you're here, so..."

Daniela snorted and nodded.

"Okay, then," she said, slowly nodding while glancing at the key. She heard the door open and saw a guard holding it for her. Nodding her head at him, she glanced at Dream over her shoulder. "Is that all you need or do you want me to fetch you a glass of warm milk?"

"Be quiet," she heard him lowly chuckle. "I'm not saying you're my maid, Daniela."

"I mean, you basically did imply it."

"Get to the garden."

"Alright, alright. So bossy."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Me? Updating after like
a week or so? No, never lmao

But anyway, I'm trying to
slowly build a friendship
between the two. Slowly.

Also, have you guys checked
out the new Dream book?
It's basically going to be a
short story 🥴