O23. TALKS OVER DINNER WITH MR. V

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE.
❝ TALKS OVER DINNER WITH MR. V. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Daniela, I'm happy that you agreed with meeting me."

Daniela smiled a little at Mr. V, remembering Dream's advice in the back of her mind. They were in the dining room, a room that Dream surprisingly had judging from the fact that no one set foot in it.

"Of course," Daniela smiled, sitting down on a chair next to the man while tenderly grabbing a fork next to the plate of steak and mashed potatoes. Her mouth watered, wanting to dive in but having to stop herself from doing so since Mr. V continued talking.

"You know," he started, taking a sip of his win while placing his gun not far from him. Daniela eyed it, staring at the man and the way he ran a hand over his silver hair before sniffing, "your father is an asshole."

"Has been since I was child," Daniela shrugged. Mr. V watched her until she took the hint to continue. "You see, my father was never present in my life. He was always working, hitting my mom when he would come home, and he even taught me how to use a gun on a man when I was 8."

"What happened to your mother if you don't mind me asking?" The older man raised an eyebrow, rolling up the sleeves of his short that revealed scars and tattoos. She eyed the one of an angel on the side and some numbers next to it.

"She left," Daniela said in almost a daze as she kept her eyes on the inked drawings and numbers. She gently shook her head and ate. "My dad was unfaithful, abusing her, and such. She couldn't handle it."

"And she didn't take you?"

"She tried to," Daniela breathed out. "But, I hid. I knew that my dad liked having us in his control, having us there with him because he got lonely. If he found out we were both missing, he would look for us wherever we went and kill us once he found us. So, I hid from my mom. She said she'd come back for me but... Hopefully she has a new family."

"You were kind enough to do that," Mr. V curtly nodded. "I had the same issue, though."

"You did?"

"Oh, yeah," the man exhaled, intertwining his fingers together as Daniela continued eating. "You see, I grew up in this business. My father was the leader before me and everyone knew I would take over. So, growing up was horrible, especially with him. He would kill people in the living room, in the room, anywhere. He was a scary man. I killed someone at the age of 4, another at the age of 6, and so on."

"What about your mom?" Daniela frowned at the man.

"She left," Mr. V answered, shaking his head. "But, she got caught. I had to kill her. My dad knew we were close, so to toughen me up, he told me to take away her life knowing it would hurt me. I was just 10."

"Wow..." Daniela sighed. "So we both have daddy and mommy issues."

Mr. V chuckled, taking a bite of his own food. "Hmm, pretty much." He looked at the girl. "You're an interesting person, Daniela. I like you."

"And you're an awesome person, too," Daniela smiled, lifting a fist up. He shook his head and bumped his fist against hers. "So, in this line of work, is it hard to keep relationships?"

"It is," Mr. V answered honestly. "I had a wife. Everyone was begging her to have a child, my child, so they could take over the business. But, she cheated on me with this person who wanted to kill me, much like with what happened with Dream. I had to kill her after she tried to kill me in my sleep."

"Wow..." Daniela gaped at the man. "They have such nerve to do that knowing that the person they're with has such high connections..."

"That's what I'm saying!" Mr. V exclaimed. "The worst part is that she was pregnant but it wasn't my kid. I always wanted a kid and she knew that. She flaunted it on my face, knowing what I have been wanting. I always respected her choice not to have a kid yet, always. I didn't pressure her, always defended her, was always there for her and she cheated on me."

"That sucks," Daniela furrowed her eyebrows, shaking her head as she now eyed this vulnerable man in front of her. Everyone made him sound mean, scary, and frightening. But, she made him laugh! "Honestly. So, no one for right now?"

"How about that maid of yours?" Mr. V raised an eyebrow, a smirk tilting on the corner of his lips.

"Dolores?" Daniela questioned.

"Emily," Mr. V answered. "That woman... She is impossible." Noticing the confused expression on Daniela's face, he quickly added, "Ms. Lenard?"

"You like Ms. Lenard?" Daniela scooted closer as if they were sharing secrets. Mr. V nodded.

"What a woman she is," he breathed out and Daniela looked up at him because he stood over 6'4 with a very buff upper body and with her sitting next to him, she felt small. "She is well-spoken, but very sarcastic. She's very independent. She's... she's amazing."

If anyone would tell Daniela a year ago that she would be having a casual conversation with the most feared mob boss about his crush on a maid, she would find it hard to believe. But here she was, she and Mr. V giggling like children while talking about his crush.

"Well, I'll let you go, Daniela," Mr. V stood up, placing the gun on the gun holster on the right side of his hip. He put on his blazer and grabbed the plates. "I'll take these to the kitchen. Wanna say 'hi' to my honey."

Daniela chuckled at the way he said the last word, a smirk spread on his lips as if he wasn't going to torture her dad after he dropped the plates off.

She waved him off and walked the other way, heading down the hallway and walking towards the indoor garden where she found Dream staring at his plants.

"I assume it went well," he spoke, not turning to look at her. She hummed and stood next to him.

"Surprisingly," Daniela said.

"Did he make you uncomfortable?" Dream mumbled, eyeing her out of the corner of his eye. "We can cancel—"

"Nope," Daniela smiled. "He didn't make me uncomfortable. He was nice and chatty, which is fine. You should join us next time. Would be nice for you two to get to know each other more in order to build some type of alliance."

"Hmm," Dream hummed next, placing his clasped hands behind his back. "I'll think about about it."

"That's a 'yes'," Daniela smiled at him and he rolled his eyes, feeling her poking his arm. "Come on, you know you wanna say 'yes' and become friends with us both. We are similar in a way so you'll totally love that."

Dream scoffed, looking down at her. "Oh, yeah?" Daniela nodded. "Hmm, I'll go then. I want to see this."

"You'll go then because we both know you want to become friends with me," Daniela cheekily smiled before backing away, Dream's eyes following her. He turned around to continue looking at her, the girl walking backwards as she threw him a thumbs up. "You'll like dinner."

"I will?"

"Mhmm, you have the best cooks. Totally."

"Hmm, okay then."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Yes, I already wrote down
the sexual tension scenes and
no you aren't gonna get it