OOO. SHE

EPILOGUE.
❝ SHE. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"I don't know if I'm ready to see her..."

Dream stood by Daniela's anxious body as she covered her face with a pillow. After so many years of waiting, wanting to mentally prepare her brain, Daniela was finally meeting her mother.

Despite being married to Dream and expecting their child, she still felt like she wasn't ready as if 3 years hadn't gone by. She wasn't ready. She wasn't. The way her heart rapidly sped to the thought of meeting her biological mother after so many years, told her—and alerted her—that she cannot see her.

"Hey, hey," Dream immediately kneeled beside her, gently taking off the pillow from her face before his fingers removed strands of hair covering her eyes. "It's okay. You'll be okay. I'm here for you. If it gets overwhelming, I'll take you away. I'm not putting you in any situation that makes you uncomfortable."

At hearing her husband's words, Daniela could only sniff. She sat up as best as she could and nodded, holding onto her stomach.

"Yeah," she breathed out. "Yeah, you're right... I just... I haven't seen her in so long. Last time I saw her, she and I left but, I let her get away and I stayed. What if she's mad at me about that?"

"A mother wouldn't be a mother if she didn't love her daughter," Dream tried to reassure, a small smile spreading on his lips. "As cheesy as it fucking sounds, it's the truth. That's how you feel about her."

"Yeah," Daniela sighed, nodding. She also had the same smile on her lips as she watched the way her belly stood out in the dress she was wearing. "Okay... We should go."

Dream smiled at her, grabbing her hand and helping her get up from the bed. He put on his face mask, the married couple heading down the stairs of their home with new faces guarding the doors. Daniela almost cried at the thought that the faces she saw when she first got there are now gone or retired. How time flies by.

As both Dream and Daniela got inside the car, the man went over a few documents he had to go through and put them down to give his wife his full attention.

"You know I love you," he grabbed her hand. "You and our daughter. I love you both."

"And we love you."

Time went by as her mother's home wasn't near. The woman lived almost an hour away.

They finally arrived to their destination and Daniela's hands started shaking from anxiety. There she was, parked, on the other side of the street from her mother's face. Dream had told her beforehand what the house looked like so she immediately eyed it.

There was a garden. A single sunflower blooming in the middle of the garden with the sun showcasing it. It really stood out. Beside the garden, there was an apple tree with a swing set by it. It looked beautiful.