O32. IN THE MIDST OF SHADOWS

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO.
❝ IN THE MIDST OF SHADOWS. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"We couldn't find anything on him, Dream."

Sapnap and George stood in front of Dream, his guards long gone having been told to train or visit their families. Both men watched as he stayed quiet, his face mask right beside his resting hand on the table, scars residing on the skin where he would get sliced with a knife by his father.

"Mr. V is the only one who was with her," Dream sternly spoke. "I want enough evidence to fucking do something to him. If not him, I want this whole entire house covered with more cameras, but you can't tell your men about it."

"We'll do that then," Sapnap nodded and George nodded, too, typing away on his phone. "How's Daniela? She's doing better?"

"She's bickering," Dream answered. "Wants to go to the garden to water the plants and is mostly afraid no one's taking care of them."

"Am I even surprised?" George chuckled at hearing at what the girl said over something that clearly no one in the house paid attention to other than Dream. "On the other hand, Sapnap and I will continue to look over Mr. V. Everyone's been suspiciously quiet."

"Yeah," Dream sighed. "That's what I'm getting worried about." He looked at Sapnap. "Are your men training?"

"Some," Sapnap answered. "Others went to get your new packages from our new partner. The Wilsons expect to get protection once the Pixie gets delivered."

"Hmm," Dream rubbed his lower lip. "Send the exchange group over to Italy. Make sure they have enough gun coverage and appoint #101 as the leader. If his men die under his watch, bring him to me."

"Yes, boss," Sapnap breathed out before he and George opened the door to walk out. "Tell Daniela to heal quickly, we expect to train with her once she gets out."

Dream simply hummed and once he heard the door close, he stood up and walked out, heading towards Daniela's room while putting on his face mask at the same time as his steps. As he reached the door, he knocked before walking in when a maid opened the door for him.

"Did you miss me that much?" Daniela retorted as soon as she saw him, coughing a little. She was being fed—a noodle soup Dream couldn't pronounce since Dolores made it and was told it was a Mexican dish—and her arms were neatly folded on her stomach.

"Be quiet," Dream mumbled before rolling up the sleeves of his shirt. He grabbed the bowl from the maid, who he waved off, and sat on the chair beside the girl. "I got it from here, Mrs. J. You can take your break."

"Thank you, sir."

The maid left and Dream and Daniela sat in silence. She stared at him, mostly in shock that he was there with her and not in his office like he always was.