O22. THE DAMN TATTLETALE

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.
❝ THE DAMN TATTLETALE. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Yes, Abuela... I'm good, I swear."

"You don't answer your phone," Guadalupe scolded her granddaughter. "You know how worried I get when you don't answer me for a day or two? Especially now since there's word that your dumbass of a father is wanted."

"There's word?" Daniela's eyes briefly widened and she heard her grandmother hum. "How do people know?"

"Went to the pharmacy," Guadalupe replied, "and I hear a woman from behind me telling another woman that Dream was looking for this man named Ivan. I know your dad's history with that type of crap so I figured."

Daniela stopped packing her bags and furrowed her eyebrows, mouthing a "thank you" to Dolores who passed her a cup filled with juice.

"Hmm," the girl hummed. "I'll just be careful then... I'll start heading home early."

"Yeah and calling more," Daniela heard her other grandmother speak. "But, you better visit. We haven't seen you in a few and I miss you!"

"I miss you, too," Daniela smiled a little. "I'll try to visit in a day or two, okay?"

"Okay, okay."

"Alright, I have to go," Dolores helped Daniela pack the last of her things from the room they had been staying in, and watched as the girl chuckled at her grandmothers exclaims. "I have to go, but it was nice hearing from you guys. I'll try to visit and if I don't, you can take away my snacks."

"Alright, we'll leave you alone then," Lucia said. "Talk to us when you're not busy, okay? Love you!"

"Love you! Love you, too, Abuela!"

"Yeah, yeah, take care. Bye."

"Bye."

Daniela hung up and sighed, placing her phone back in her back pocket before placing her suitcase in the floor. She turned to look at her dear friend, her second mother, and sighed in relief.

"Let's go back home," Daniela said. "I can't stand the masculinity in this household. I'll even kidnap Ms. Lenard from this hellhole."

"I feel like she would appreciate that," Dolores chuckled, holding her own suitcase while holding the door open for the girl. "There's too many men here."

"Exactly why I should kidnap her," Daniela chuckled, watching as a guard grabbed her bag away from her. She stared at the guard with a flabbergasted expression and went to protest. "Hey—"

"Daniela," her name was called out and she looked at the bottom of the stairs where Dream stood, dressed in another black suit. "We need to talk."

Daniela huffed and came down the stairs, following after the boss into his office. She sat down where she was always instructed to sit and watched him sit down on his own chair.

"Can I leave now?" She asked.

"Your home is being searched for by one of Mr. V's rivals," Dream got to the point, leaning back on his chair while fixing his face mask, one that, Daniela noticed, was different. Compared to the other black ones, he adorned a black one but a sticker of a penis was adorned in the corner. Why? She didn't know. "One of our men went to go check if it was good for you to go back but, he came across a bunch of cars and masked men who were surrounding the property. I guess your dad pissed off more people."

"What does this have to do with me?" Daniela asked. "I have another home. Wait... are they after me?"

"One of Mr. V's men went to Quackity's casino," Dream continued, grabbing a folder and passing it to the girl. "Got drunk, told everyone what they got so far., told everyone about you."

"What an idiot," Daniela rolled her eyes, inspecting the picture of people surrounding her father's home. "What happened with him?"

"Well, Quackity gave us a call," Dream said. "Told us what the man did. Right now," he looked down at his watch, "his body is being burnt."

"Burnt?"

"Don't worry, he's already dead," Dream muttered. "Anyway, Mr. V wanted us to keep you here. He adores the fact that you don't give a shit about your dad, gives him... some type of satisfaction. He hates his father. He killed him for a reason and that's why the police found his body with no head."

"How old was he?" Daniela stared at Dream with wide eyes.

"11," Dream answered. Daniela's mouth widened. "He hated him for a reason, Daniela. His father killed his mom and his baby sister. I would do the same if I found out my father killed the people close to me. Wouldn't you?"

"Yeah..." Daniela slowly nodded in agreement. "Do you usually go talking about other peoples old lives?"

"Not really," Dream shrugged. "I'm just telling you that as long as that hatred is there for your father, Mr. V will protect you. He admires people who have daddy issues basically."

"Haha," Daniela snorted, a chuckle escaping her lips. Dream simply gave her a stoic expression, knowing what she was laughing about. "Sorry... my mind thought of something else."

"It's fine."

"So, as long as Mr. V sees that I hate my dad," Daniela started, "I'm fine?"

"Yep."

"Well, that's easy," Daniela mumbled.

"In the meantime," Dream hummed, playing with a knife between his fingers, "you can't go out. Your safety is the one thing that, surprisingly, matters. I don't know why, but... Here you are. And, I'm being serious."

"Have I ever disobeyed?" Dream arched an eyebrow.

"You would disobey, Daniela," he lowly answered, the tone of his voice making a shiver run down the girl's spine. "I don't want you to do so, understood?" A nod was all that he received and he rolled his eyes, leaning closer to her. "Words."

"Yes, understood," Daniela nodded, keeping eye contact.

"Good," Dream nodded. "You can leave now."

"Okay..." the girl breathlessly let out. "Oh, also, you have a sticker of a penis on your mask."

Dream groaned, his eyes shutting close as he reached over to his face mask. He peeled off the sticker once he found it and rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna kill Sapnap."

"Did you not notice if?" Daniela asked and Dream shook his head, standing up to head towards the door of his office. He opened it for her and she walked out, hearing the door shut from behind her.

"I don't look in the mirror, I just put it on," Dream breathed out. "Anyway, Mr. V wants to see you around 5:30. Remember what I said."

"I know..."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I already have some drama
written down 😏😏🙂

Anyway, hope you like it!!