O26. TRUST BEHIND THE MASK

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX.
❝ TRUST BEHIND THE MASK. ❞

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"So, is Ivan your son?"

"Oh, fuck no," Guadalupe snickered, sipping her tea. "My daughter married him. Didn't approve since day one but, she was happy with him so we gave them our approval."

"So you wouldn't care if I killed him?" Mr. V asked, the small cup filled tea being engulfed by his huge hand. Daniela almost laughed but she was simply focused on the doorway of the dining room, waiting for Dream. She didn't know why but there was a sudden burning sensation in her chest when she heard footsteps coming down the hallway.

"My daughter left," Lucia mumbled, "but... we think he killed her. He had connections, he wanted her by himself. So, when we got a call by Daniela," all 3 stared at the girl who was looking off, a frown on her face, "saying that our daughter left, we instantly knew we had to take her in with us. We got custody, Ivan didn't really care."

"What a horrible thing to do," Mr. V shook his head. "To not want your child... What I would do to have one myself."

"You're not married?" Lucia asked.

"I had someone but, she tried to kill me in my sleep," Mr. V explained and both women seemed invested in his story. "She was pregnant, but not with my child. She was pregnant with the child of the man who wanted to kill me for a long time."

"That's horrible," Guadalupe shook her head.

"I know," Mr. V sighed before he brightened up. "What about you two? How did you two meet?"

"Oh," now Guadalupe jumped with excitement, an emotion that she barely showed, "I was working with my mom, cleaning houses, and such, but then I see Lucia coming out of a house next to the one we were cleaning. She was beautiful, still is," the two women looked at each other and Mr. V  rested his chin on his propped palms and smiled, "and I fell in love with her."

"Her mom didn't approve," Lucia breathed out. "My dad surprisingly approved but, her mom didn't. So, without her approval, Lupe could barely go out. Her mom prevented us from seeing each other and my dad even tried talking with her."

"But no luck?" Mr. V asked, Daniela listened.

"Nope."

"What happened after?" Mr. V leaned in.

"Well, I haven't talked to her in years," Guadalupe shrugged. "She visited Daniela, loves her but... she doesn't talk to neither of us."

"Who doesn't love this munchkin?" Mr. V pinched Daniela's cheek, the girl immediately swatting him away. The women laughed at her reaction and they all jumped when they heard a thump.