Chapter 14

The weekend went by very fast, so fast that I almost didn't realize that school was tomorrow. It was a beautiful Sunday morning, and I woke up perfectly to the fresh air blowing in through my wide opened window. I could smell bacon, and hear the voices of my family from out in the kitchen. I opened my eyes slowly, and was so comfortable that I almost didn't want to get up. I sat with my back against the headboard and stretched out my arms. The alarm clock read eleven o'clock, which got me in a really funny mood. I was never the one to wake up this late, so I quickly got up and changed into jeans and a lose t-shirt, running to the bathroom and brushing my teeth.

Once I was done, I stepped into the kitchen and saw my mother cooking the bacon on the stove, flipping them while Jake sat on the couch and watched television. Jimmy was on the floor next to him, with a waffle in his mouth, playing with his little toy cars.

I walked over to my mom and hugged her tightly, catching her off guard. "Morning," I smiled.

"Good morning, sleepy head," she laughed cheerfully, handing me the fork so I could watch over to bacon in the frying pan. "Want some orange juice?"

"Sure," I said, watching her go into the fridge, and then pour the juice into a glass cup for me.

"Here you go, sweetheart," she sang, giving it to me and then calling for Jake.

He walked into my view and grinned at me. That's when I thought about Alexander. "Hey," he winked.

"Hey," I said quietly.

"How was Friday night?" he asked me, laughing as he grabbed a piece of bacon and shoved it into his mouth.

"Shut up!"

"Come on, just tell us how it was," he grinned, playfully, although my face was beat red.

"You promised you wouldn't say anything!" I breathed out, viciously. "I knew you'd only be able to keep your mouth closed for a little over a day."

"It's not a big deal," he shrugged.

"Maybe not to you, but to me it is," I barked, rolling my eyes and walking towards the living room.

"Friday night?" my mom asked, staring at me.

I stopped suddenly, not knowing how to cover for myself. "Um, we just had a little talk, that's all," I shrugged.

"A talk about what?" she frowned, crossing her arms and staring back in forth from him to me.

"About her boyfriend," Jake mumbled, walking by and patting me on the back.

"I hate you," I told him, not wanting to explain to her what we were talking about.

"Well?" she sighed, taking the bacon off the stove and waiting for me to answer her.

"It's just about Alexander," I said, nearly in a whisper.

"What about him? If you can tell your brother, and not me, your own mother," she began, with laughter in her voice. "Then it must be bad."

"Not bad, but you'll probably be mad at me," I answered honestly.

"Why would I be mad at you, Rosalie?" she asked, turning around to look me dead in the eyes.

"Because I snuck out of the house that night," I admitted, holding my breath.

"What?" she shrieked, looking surprised and almost excited.

"Um, yeah," I hesitated, not understanding why she wasn't flipping out on me.