Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Later that night I called Alexander, and told him that I was ready and starving. He arrived a few minutes later, opened my door for me, and we went out to eat. It was a really nice restaurant, fancy in a way, so I was thankful I was wearing the gorgeous dress Stephanie had given me. There were flowers on the table, in a vase, and I realized that they were red Roses. It meant a lot to me.

"Aww," I smiled, hating how my vision became blurry from the unexpected tears that filled my eyes. "I can't believe you did this for me."

"Did what, set it up so that flowers would be put on our table? I didn't do that," he grinned, as I looked around at the rest of the tables, that did not have anything even near flowers on them.

"So it just so happens that for my birthday dinner, red roses are placed in a vase, in the middle of our table, with a lit candle, while every single other one has nothing but their plates of food?" I asked, him laughing.

"Alright, yeah I did it for you," he admitted.

"You're amazing, you know that?" I said to him, leaning forward to pull out a rose.

"No," he answered. "You are."

"They smell really good," I told him, putting it near my silverware. "This is such a nice restaurant."

"Yes, it happens to be one of my favorites. I knew you'd like it," he said, reaching across the table to take my hand.

"Is there something you want to say to me?" I asked, his face going blank.

"What do you mean?"

"I know you really well, Alex, and I can tell you've been wanting to say something to me but you keep holding it back," I slightly smiled.

"Okay. You got me." He almost grinned, but then he stopped, dropping his eyes to our linked hands.

"So what is it?" I asked in a faint whisper.

"I just want to see how you're really holding up," he finally looked up at me.

"I'm doing great," I said softly, as the waitress came to greet us.

"Hi my name is Rachel, and I'll be your waitress for tonight," she said, as I looked at her dark black hair, white skin, and big luscious red lips. She was so pretty that it actually hurt me when I saw the way she was staring at Alexander, my boyfriend.

"Hi," I muttered, her eyes still focused on Alex, who was staring straight at me.

"Is there anything I could get you for a drink?" she asked, bubbly, her hand leaning on our table in a flirtatious way.

"Yeah, actually. Thank you," he answered, but not even bothering to look up. He just took hold of my hand again and waited for me to speak up.

"I'll have a mixture of coke, sprite, and root beer," I said to her, smiling because I could still feel his eyes on me, and that was killing her.

"A mixture?" she asked, facing more toward Alex and leaning over to half expose her breasts.

"Yeah, just like it sounds," I told her.

"And how about you?" she asked him, as he glanced up at her face and answered.

"I'll have the same," he grinned.

Then he looked back at me, while she gave me a dirty look. "Please," I added in, quietly laughing.

"I'll be right back," she rudely stated, walking away.