Chapter 32

Chapter 32

We both knocked on the back door and Jake opened it, with sweatpants and he was shirtless.

"Hey," he said to us, eating a bagel.

The moment Stephanie lifted her gaze, her eyes widened. "Oh my lord..." she trailed off.

I looked back at Jake, noticing him smiling at her, and then I pushed him away. "Get out of here. Go put a damn shirt on you're so weird."

"Ouch," he laughed, walking toward his room.

I pulled off my coat, hat, and boots, and when I looked back at Stephanie she was still standing in the doorway perfectly still. "Steph?" I said, her still not looking at me.

"Whoa, why didn't you warn me about your brother being so hot," she asked, crossing her arms.

"Step inside and take off your clothes," I stated, her laughing at me. "Oh shut up I didn't mean it that way. My mom will flip if we get snow everywhere."

"Alright babe," and she closed the back door.

"Rosalie?" My mother walked into our view, seeing Stephanie.

"Hi," I smiled, as Steph carefully hung up all of the winter stuff, while mine lied there on the floor.

"Hello Ms. Marshell!" she said, cheerfully hugging her.

"Hello sweetheart. How are you girls?"

"My family and I baked a birthday cake for Rose last night, and we ate it at lunch. And just about ten minutes ago, she made her first snow angel ever," she giggled.

And my mother did as well. "Was it horrible?" she asked.

"Mother," I gasped, offended.

"I'm only joking, honey. You girls have fun, on whatever you're doing," she questioned us.

"I'm getting Rose dressed into something cute," she winked. "And then we're going back to my house for a..." She stopped.

"NO," I snapped, as she started to laugh, trying to stop by covering her mouth.

"Oh knock it off. Have some fun, will you? It's your birthday, for heaven's sake," my mother babbled, walking off into the kitchen.

"Well I'll be right out, and Rose is going to model her dress for us," Stephanie explained.

"I'm what?" I asked, a little aggravated. "And dress? No freaking way."

She looked sad. "Wait, you hate dresses? You should have told me that forty two hours ago," she mumbled.

"Well it depends on what it looks like," I admitted, taking her hand and exhaling deeply. "Help me find something."

"Yay!" she said, jumping up and down like a little girl. She had so much life in her.

Once we got to my bedroom, I closed the door behind me as she hurried to my closet. I plopped down on my bed, my hair almost soaked from the wetness of the snow, but it actually looked good. After about a full minute of me relaxing Stephanie called for me.

"Oh Rose," she sang, happily.

"Coming." When I made it into the closet, I held my breath, hoping she wouldn't find anything I didn't like.

"Well it's cold outside, so you'll have to wear black leggings underneath it. But it'll look so good," she said, more to herself, holding up a dress.