Extra Scene #1 (Winter Treehouse)

Authors note:

All three of these 'Extra Scenes' are scenes that I randomly wrote, not meaning to end up in the story. Just wrote them for fun or because I got the idea in a dream! So they're not in these orders and they are not real chapters. They're more like small teases that I thought were cute!

I just decided to post them on here on Wattpad, since it wasn't added into the real book format that you can purchase on Amazon. !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

       I knew I was all alone as I walked out of my bedroom and into the kitchen, finding a note hanging on the refrigerator. It explained how she was driving Jake to his friend's house and then taking Jimmy to the YMCA. I was kind of getting a little beyond aggravated at this point, so I figured I was going to call Alexander to see what he was doing. I picked up the house phone and dialed his cell number. I glanced at the clock and it read eleven o'clock am.

He answered on the second ring. "Hey," he said, sounding like he just woke up.

"Oh I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

"Yeah, but it's okay. It's actually a good thing you did."

"Why? You need your sleep. You haven't been feeling well lately."

"Because nobody's here. Nancy woke me up early this morning and told me they were going to church and then out to lunch."

"Why didn't you go to church with them?" I asked, wondering if his faith was really gone.

"I was way too exhausted," he paused.

"Oh."

"Yeah," he whispered.

"Are you okay? It sounds like something's bothering you."

"I'm just a little nauseous. They left me chores to keep me busy I guess," he said.

I giggled. "Chores?"

"Like bringing in the mail, and taking out the trash."

"Sounds like fun."

"Definitely."

"Other then that, what's up?" I asked him, walking to the back door and looking outside.

"I couldn't sleep at all last night."

"That stinks," I muttered.

"Yeah. I was hot and cold, sweating and freezing, so I was basically awake the whole night. So I'm pretty tired."

"Me too. Did it snow?" I asked, noticing the blanket of fresh snow covering the ground.

"I don't know. Did it?" he laughed.

"Looks like it. Are we supposed to have a snow storm today?"

"Rosie," he sighed. "I'm not a news broadcaster."

"You mean weather guy," I said sarcastically.

"Whatever. I miss you."

"I miss you too. What are your plans for today?"

"You have a lot of questions."

"I'm bored," I groaned.

"Hold on," he said, as I could tell he put the phone down. It was about a few minutes before he answered again. "Hey sorry."

"It's okay," I said, opening the door and feeling a gust of icy wind blowing into my face.

"I was changing into warm clothes," he explained. "I don't want to catch a cold."