Chapter 27

Wednesday happily came by very fast, and the minute I woke up I was already anxious to see him. I hopped out of bed and put on tight jeans and a cute comfortable shirt, fixing my curls and hair spraying them back into a low ponytail. My mother picked up Stephanie, who sat in the back with Jimmy and me, while Jake got to sit in the front to control the radio. We drove through Dunkin Donuts and it intensely reminded me of Alex, which got me to smile, considering how I was going to get to see him today after school.

My classes came and go, more quickly then I would have expected them to. I spoke to Shizz, my math teacher, and found out I had a high B+. I was so proud of myself for listening to his lessons and paying attention, that I actually kind of freaked out. Ed, the staff in the classroom, called me a weirdo and told me to go take a nap. He also threatened to pick me up by my hoop earring and swing me across the room, but I knew he was just joking. Hopefully....

At first I thought it was a little mean they had basically made fun of me, but then I realized that jumping up on desks and dancing, with no music, and absolutely no apparent reason, wasn't exactly normal. History I had a B also, and English I easily had an A. Science was my least favorite academic subject, and I almost never payed attention to anything Ms. Gilson was saying, but she let me know that I was on my way up to a B-. I was so excited by the time lunch came, and I ran to the cafeteria and grabbed Stephanie's shoulders and screamed when I saw her.

"Holy crap," she gasped, Darlene starting to laugh at me hysterically while I darted over to her and hugged her tightly.

"Woah," Darlene said, her voice deep and almost confused. "Easy there, buddy."

"Rose what in the world is going on with you?" Steph laughed, sitting down next to me as I let out a long an relaxed breath of relief.

"I have good grades again!" I exclaimed, nearly shouting it for the whole cafeteria to hear. "Finally!"

"Oh, that's great!" Stephanie told me. They both looked around and noticed that almost every student was staring at us, but I just stood up and held my arms in the air.

"I love myself! Everyone be jealous!"

Darlene pulled me down beside her and looked at me like I was on drugs. "Jesus, will you shut up and stop drawing attention over here?"

But I just giggled quietly, smiling at every single person who looked our way. "Sorry," I whispered, them both actually smiling, what I haven't seen for a very long time.

After the bell rang and school ended, I was amazed to find out I had no homework to do. It was an awesome day to not assign any work, and now that I think about it, maybe they somehow found out I was going to see Alexander. My mom picked me up and drove me into Boston, which had no traffic so it only took a little over fifteen minutes. I gave her a hug and jumped out of the car as fast as I could, darting in the doors and up to the front desk. I signed in on the visiting guest clipboard, and made my way down the hall and to the section where he was staying.

I walked into the chill room, saying hello to the staff and a nurse, not knowing where to look for him. I looked around the room and didn't find him anywhere, so I left that part and turned the corner, heading towards his assigned room. When I was almost there, I spotted Crystal standing against the wall.

She looked over at me, and widely smiled. "Hey Rosalie!" she said, almost shouting.

"Crystal," I smiled back, stepping to her side and gently hugging her. "How have you been?"