Chapter 31

Chapters 30-47 were not uploaded a while back, because I wanted people to buy my book on Amazon. But a lot of my fans couldn't do it,either affording it was a problem, living so far away from the US, and not having a crtedit card. These things I didn't even realize! So I decided I love you all very very much, and have uploaded the rest of the book here on wattpad.

Continue to read on, to the very end!

:)

The next morning I cautiously opened my eyes, admiring how the dim light of the sun shined through pened windows, until I looked around my room and noticed that I was alone. Alexander was nowhere to be found. Then I remembered him saying he was going to wait until I fell asleep, and then he would leave. At that very second I wondered how long he really did stay til.

I anxiously sat up, pulling myself against the headboard frame, placing a pillow behind my back. It was my birthday today. I was turning seventeen years old, and my family wasn't all together, for the first time in my life. It depressed me to realize how hurt I truly was about this whole situation inside. I was never going to break down again; these tears of grief were gone.

But that's when I got a really upsetting knot in the bottom of my stomach, which wanted for me to cry so badly, I was in need of it, but I did not give in. I glanced over at the cross that was sitting on my dresser, just waiting for me to become strong, but it just sickened me. It killed me that I lost every bit of faith I ever had in God, in just the matter of days.

There were sounds of snow blowers and birds coming from outside. At first I didn't want to wake up and begin this 'special' day, because once I did I knew how nervous I was about everything that this man up in charge had in store for me. I obviously wasn't having greatest morning, considering how tightly my fists were clenched together. I wasn't a very good sleeper, but last night I didn't toss or turn, or anything. Oddly, I had a good dream that I didn't really want to wake up from. This dream was far from what I expected. With everything that had been going on in the past few months, my dream was almost one hundred percent perfect.

It was the best part of my life, the past. I dreamed of my family, a day that I turned ten, thinking it was the most largest number in the whole world. We all woke up, together. This dream reminded me of my younger years, the years I wanted so badly to come back. I opened my eyes that hot summer morning, laying still in my pink princess bed, as Jamie crawled out of hers and walked across the room.

"Happy Birthday sissy," she said.

"Thank you very much!" I replied back. "Happy birthday to me!"

"How's it feel? You're so old, ahh!" she laughed, our door flinging open against the wall, Jake running through the doors and diving onto my bed.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" he nearly screamed, hugging me quickly, since we were best friends, then standing up and beginning to jump at the bottom.

"I want to jump too!" Jamie giggled, hopping onto my bed and pulling me up with her.

"Happy birthday to you, you live in a zoo! You smell like a monkey," Jake sang loudly, Jamie finishing.

"And you look like one too!"

"Yay!" I laughed, us all taking hands and jumping as high as our little legs would let us, in a complete circle.