Bonus Chapter

"I love you," he tells me, staring down sheepishly into my peaceful gaze.

"I love you too Alexander," I softly say, pulling him into my arms in a long warm embrace. "So tell me sweetheart, now how have you been?"

He pulls away and sits down at the kitchen table next to me, taking a quick sip of his coffee as I put on my reading glasses. "I've been the usual. Perfect, and happy," Alex explains, as I gently nod.

"That's great," I tell him with a grin. 

"And same with you? How are you lately, since we haven't gotten together for the past few days?"

I sit up straight and push myself in my chair closer so I can lean my arms on the table. "Oh I've been amazing. Things just continue to grow better each day."

He smiles and reaches forward to place my warm palm on my hand. "You're always so positive. Your whole life you've been positive," he quietly assures me.

I stare long into his bright blue eyes and remember all of the breathtaking times I've experienced, and how much I smiled. And then I take his hand and show him his palm. "And your whole life, you will be positive as well. Because God has infinity amount of love and passion for our family."

"You haven't missed not one single Sunday morning at church, have you?" He questions, as I let out a calm and cautious laugh.

"No, of course not Alexander."

"But why? It makes me feel upset that I haven't gone as much as I should have. . ."

"No, baby. You have time to fix that. You have time to givethanks, and to appriciate every second God gives you as you breathe on this earth. Life can end in the matter of seconds, so never take it for granted. Promise me you won't ever take anything that gives you happiness and joy, for granted, because in just the blink of an eye everything can end," I carefully state, as he expresses a calm grin and gets to his feet, leaning down to kiss my cheek.

"You're absolutely right, mom. You're eighty three years old and you're still breathing and alive. You would think that miracles would be able to happen and were real, right? Since you've devoted so much of your strength and willpower to the afterlife and you're still so young hearted and live," he says, slightly laughing under his breath, but I don't get mad.

I stare up at my son, Alexander Junior, and all I can reply with is, "Believe it or not, son, God did make a miracle happy to me once," I softly explain, standing up slowly and looking toward the doorway, at my husband and true love Alex, who has been in remission with no return of cancer to this very day. "He gave me your father."

And then my love swiftly walks over to me and gently presses his lips to mine.