Chapter 3

Megan Watson's POV

"We have just touched down in New York, USA," announces the woman on the speakers.

Delilah is fast asleep in her seat. I smile and gently shake her.

"Lilah, wake up, we're in New York," I say. Her eyes flutter open.

"W-we're here? Now?" She asks with a yawn, stretching.

"Yeah," I confirm, "Make sure you remember your Nintendo."

She brought her Nintendo in our luggage to play on while we were in the plane. We also had blankets and pillows, as the boys had bought us first class.

We un-strap ourselves. I stand up and get our small on-plane luggage bag and place it on the seat. Everyone around us gets their things too. I help Delilah put her items back in the bag and I zip it closed again. We get in the busy line of people filing out of the plane.

We step out and I'm overwhelmed with heat.

"Woah," I say, "It's really hot."

"I know! It's never this hot back in London!" she agrees, "And it's so bright!"

I nod in agreement and slip off my purple hoodie so that I'm wearing only a black tank top. It's too warm for a hoodie.

We walk into the airport and much to my relief, there is air conditioning. If I can barely spend a minute in that sun, I don't know how I'll last the week.

"Meg, when are we going to the hotel? I want to go swimming," says Delilah as we walk through the airport.

"After we get our luggage and some food," I tell her.

"Okay," she says. We walk to the luggage area where many suitcases and bags are and wait for our luggage to come around.

"I see it!" exclaims Delilah after a few minutes and I immediately go over to where she is.

"It's there!" She points her finger in the direction of the suitcase. I spot it and grab it, placing it on the floor beside me. I soon spot Delilah's smaller suitcase and grab it as well.

I hand it to her and she smiles brightly, obviously excited about the whole situation.

"Wanna go to McDonalds?" I ask her.

She nods enthusiastically.

------------

"I can't wait to see them!" squeals Delilah for the millionth time as we step out of the taxi.

"I never would have guessed," I say, taking our suitcases out of the boot of the car before turning to the taxi man, "How much?"

"Nineteen dollars," he says in a strong New York accent.

I nod and take a twenty dollar note, handing it to the man.

"Thanks, and keep the change," I say. He smiles and bids us goodbye before driving away. We walk up to the hotel we are staying in, 'NYC Walter's Inn.'

The automatic glass doors slide open and we walk up to the counter, dragging our suitcases with us.

A young woman - no more than 3 years older than me - with a welcoming grin, her brown hair tied back in a perfect bun, wearing a formal and professional dress stands behind the desk.

"Hi, I'm Amanda," she greets us happily, - she too having an American accent - holding out her hand for me to shake.

"Hey," I return the smile, shaking her hand, "I'm Megan, and this is my sister Delilah," I gesture to Delilah who smiles at Amanda.

I take the hard slips for the hotel that the boys of One Direction gave me out of my pocket and hand them to Amanda.

She reads the papers and swipes them in a machine before looking back at us with a smile. She gets a key and places it in my hand, "Room 17. Enjoy your stay."

"Thanks," I murmur, clasping my fingers around the cool metal. Delilah and I walk over to the elevator with our suitcases and small carrier bag. Soon, the elevator dings and opens, allowing us inside. I look at the buttons and press one that reads '01 -50'.

We only need to go up one floor, so we are out in a matter of seconds. If I had of known it was just one floor up I would have used the stairs.

We step out and study the room numbers before we are standing outside Room 17.

I turn the key in the door and am instantly welcomed with a warm, fruity smell. I then gasp at what I see before me. There is two king-sized beds with a desk and lamp beside each. A big, expensive looking TV and a remote, and a big wardrobe. A plush black couch, a squeaky clean, modern kitchen section, and a glass door that leads to a balcony.

I lean my suitcase against one of the cream walls, as does Delilah. I walk around the room, inspecting the room in more detail. I can only imagine how much it costs to stay in this place.

I then go through a door and find myself in a bathroom. There is a big mirror and two sinks, an automatic hand-wash dispenser, a shower and a toilet. The walls in this room are chocolate brown with speckles of blacks, and darker shades of brown. Everything smells so fresh and new.

I walk back into the big room to see Delilah sprawled out on the plush couch, looking very comfortable.

She sits up when I come in. "Meg," she says, "I wanna live here."

I chuckle and walk over to my suitcase. I zip it open and lay it flat down, taking out my PJs. I go into the bathroom and change into them, as well as taking off the little makeup I'm wearing. I leave my hair in the messy bun it is in and walk out of the bathroom again, where Delilah is, now in her PJs as well. I open the wardrobe and hang the clothes I took off in it, before taking my laptop out of my suitcase and plopping it on the bed beside the window.

Delilah pouts with her hands crossed over her chest.

"What's wrong?" I ask her as I open my laptop and press the on button.

"You said we could go swimming," she pouts.

"But it's too late, Lilah," I say, looking at the clock, "Tommorow, straight after breakfast, okay?"

"Okay," she murmurs.

I type in the password for my computer and click on Google.

"Wanna watch a movie on Netflix?" I suggest.

She immediately grins and runs over to my bed.

I chuckle and log in to Netflix. I go through the selection of kids movies.

"Enchanted, Meg! Can we watch enchanted?" She begs as she points to the computer screen.

"Okay," I agree, making her cheer. I turn off the light in the room and turn on the lamp beside my bed before getting comfy, with the laptop on my lap, and pressing play.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey! :D I'm updating early!

Well, I'm actually still going to update on Friday, so I'm just sneaking in an extra update because I went from 0 fans to 2. Haha :D

Your probably like 'what? 2 fans is so little' but it's nice to know someone is actually reading your books and you're not just putting them online for nobody to read hah ;)

I'm going to put in ANOTHER extra update on Thursday if this book gets 5 votes! It's only 1 away so just click vote and I will instantly update :D

Thanks so much for reading ;D

meltedpopsicle :)