Chapter 45

Megan Watson's POV

The next few days are spent doing pretty much nothing, Lottie coming over one of the days just to say Hello, and by the time Harry comes back, I feel well again.

"Niall!" I call, skipping down the stairs.

"Yeah?" He calls back, coming into the hall.

"How do I look," I ask, gesturing towards my clothes.

"You look great," he says with a weak smile.

"You're lying," I say, narrowing my eyes.

"I'm not! You look beautiful," he says.

"Aw," I coo, "thank you. That's so sweet."

"Nah, s'no problem." He waves me off, and then says, "Well, then. I'm headin'."

"Heading? Where?" I ask.

"Ireland," he says, "But I'll see ya soon, okay?"

"Oh." I nod. "Okay."

"Bye, Meg. Oh, and have a nice Christmas." He ruffles my hair slightly.

"You too. Bye, Niall."

Soon, he leaves and I'm alone in the apartment, but not for long, when there is a ring of the doorbell.

I run into the hall and open the door excitedly, about to give Harry a hug when I see him staring at the ground before diverting his gaze to me.

And then he does something I am not at all expecting.

He bursts out crying.

"Harry!" I exclaim, not knowing what's going on or why he's crying, enveloping him in a hug as he sobs into my hair. I've never seen him cry before...

"Harry, oh my god," I murmur, bringing him inside and closing the door over.

"What's wrong?" I ask worriedly, "Harry?"

He continues to cry, and I sit him down on the couch, my arms wrapped around him.

"Harry," I say firmly, tears starting to form in my own eyes, really worried about him. He looks me in the eyes for a moment, but this causes him to burst into tears again.

"Harry, you're scaring me," I whisper, "Please say something. What's wrong?"

"I -" he cries, "I c-can't tell y-you."

"No, Harry, you have to tell me. I won't judge you. I won't laugh. I'm really worried, Harry..." I murmur, trying to get him to look at me again.

He sobs something, but I don't understand what he says.

"What?" I ask quietly, "What is it, Harry? Please."

"I can't l-lose you," he says quietly, his eyes shut and his face scrunched up in a way that shows so much pain and hurt that I find it hard to try and keep myself together, and not cry.

"You're not going to lose me. I'm right here, Harry. And I'm not going anywhere," I say firmly, catching his gaze for a moment before he once again looks away, "Please tell me what's wrong."

"I can't lose you," he repeats, his voice cracking.

"You think if you tell me what's wrong, I'll break up with you?" I guess.

He nods, about to cry again before I cut him off.

"I'm not breaking up with you, okay? I promise. I love you, Harry."