Chapter 51

Megan Watson's POV

I call Niall multiple times, but he doesn't answer, repeatedly sending me to his voicemail.

By now, it is nearly five in the morning, and I haven't heard anything from Harry for the past six hours. A part of me is relieved he hasn't come back yet, but another part of me is really worried about where he is.

With all of my things packed, I sit on the bed, feeling lost and just completely confused. One thought continues to repeat in my mind, and it makes me really upset, no matter how stupid and obvious may be.

This is real life.

I had actually broken up with Harry. He actually cheated on me. We are actually over.

And that's what makes me start to sob again.

Feeling completely run down and empty, I continue crying for ages. When there is a knock at the door, I immediately freeze, letting out a shaky breath.

"H-hello?" I call out, it coming out much more quietly and weakly than I am expecting.

"Yeah? Megan, it's me." The voice says, the Irish lull of Niall's accent ringing through my ears.

"Ni-iall?" I ask, taking a breath in-between, getting up and walking towards the door, my body feeling like it's going to collapse.

When I open the door, I'm immediately engulfed in a hug. I cry again, while in the hug, and Niall rests his neck on the top of my head, rocking me back and forth gently.

"I just can't.. Why would he..." I sob into his chest, before he cuts me off.

"Shh, it's okay," he says quietly and soothingly, "Don't cry, please. I don't like seeing you cry."

He kisses my head and pulls away, looking me in the eyes, as I let out a small hiccup from crying so much, my breathing really wheezy by now from crying too much.

"Have you slept at all?" He asks me, looking concerned.

I shake my head, another deep, wheezy breath leaving my mouth.

"Oh my.. Megan. You need to sleep," he says firmly, "You must be so tired. Here, I got a hotel room here for us to stay in till we fly back to London tonight, okay? I'll carry you."

He reaches down slightly, about to start carrying me when I say, "What? N-Niall, you got a hotel r..." I rub my forehead stressfully, "Why would you do that. You need to stop doing stuff for me."

"It's fine, you need a friend right now." He sends me a weak smile, before lifting me up and holding me in his arms, opening the hotel room door wider with his foot, before carrying me into the corridor. I close my eyes, feeling really comfortable in his arms, the rhythm of his walking actually pretty soothing.

I then feel him shift his arms around slightly, before I hear the sound of a door opening.

"Niall," I say quietly, my eyes still closed.

"Yeah?"

"You're c-" I let out a yawn, "crazy."

"I am?" He asks, before setting me down on a big, comfy bed.

"Mmhm." I nod my head, pulling the blankets over me, and opening my eyes tiredly to see Niall sitting at the edge of the bed, an amused expression on his face.

"The craziest person in the world," I mumble tiredly, the smallest of a smile on my face.

"Oh. And how come?" He asks amusedly.