Chapter 66

Megan Watson's POV

By the time it is over a week since we first arrived in Ireland, I have grown quite close to Niall's family and feel almost completely comfortable with them.

Opening my eyes with a lazy yawn as I rub my eyes in order to waken myself up a bit, I sit up before turning my head to where Niall is laid beside me, only to discover he has just woken up too.

"Hey," he mumbles sleepily, a lazy smile on his face as he rubs his eyes.

"Good morning," I reply to him cheerily and with a small smile as he props himself up on his elbows and yawns softly.

I lean down and place a quick kiss to his lips before sitting back up again as I look down at him.

"Merry Christmas," he says to me, and it's only then that my newly awoken mind realizes that it's Christmas morning.

"It's Christmas!" I exclaim, to which he chuckles to in response.

"Woah, are you serious?! I had no clue!" He says sarcastically, mimicking my tone.

I roll my eyes at him and ignore his words. "Happy Christmas," I say to him softly, in reply to the words prior to his last.

He smiles at me and I feel his arms wrap around my stomach before he suddenly pulls me back onto the bed and nuzzles his head into the crook of my neck.

He presses his lips shortly to my neck before smiling and shuffling a bit to get more comfortable as he cuddles into me, looking as if he has no plans whatsoever to get up any time soon.

"Niall, get off me, you're so heavy," I groan as I push him off me, and for half a second I see hurt in his eyes, but just as quickly as it came, it's gone again, and I'm left unsure of whether or not I imagined it. He nods his head with a slight frown and moves away from me slightly, but keeping his arms wrapped around me firmly.

I start to feel guilty and so I move over to him and rest my head on his shoulder, so that our earlier positions are reversed. We lie in silence for a moment before I look up at him.

"Sorry for pushing you off.. But, hey, let's be happy, it's Christmas. The time for being... what is it? Jolly! Isn't it? Or is it gay? Christmas is where you be gay. But," I let out a light laugh at my words, Niall doing the same, "as in, gay, happy. Happy gay. Not... gay, gay. Unless y'know... you are gay. God, this shouldn't have turned into this long of an explanation. You know what I'm trying to say."

He chuckles at me and kisses my temple. "I know what you're trying to say." He repeats my words.

I sigh softly and we're silent for a moment before I attempt to sit up, hoping Niall will copy my actions, but I end up just being pulled back into Niall.

"Niall," I groan, looking to him with a frown.

He merely smiles. "Yes, my darling Megan?" He says mockingly.

I scowl at him. "Let me get up."

"What's that? You wanna spend the whole of Christmas lying here? No way! Same! Lets do it," he says with a grin on his face.

"Oh, shut up." I glare at him, trying my hardest not to laugh or smile. "Can you please," I attempt to sit up again, only to end up lying down again, "let me up?" I ask, growing frustrated.

His expression suddenly changes and he drops his hold on me. Not expecting his actions, I look at him suspiciously as I slowly sit up, expecting him to grab me back again, but he doesn't. I furrow my eyebrows at him, narrowing my eyes at the same time.