Chapter 34

Megan Watson's POV

"Oh my god. I'm so nervous," I groan, my head in my hands.

"Er... it's okay, you'll... uh, be fine?" Liam says uncertainly, before turning to Zayn and I hear him mutter, "what the hell do you say to a girl going on a date?"

"Dunno," I hear Zayn reply quietly, before raising his voice a little and saying, "Well, we'll leave you to it, then. Hope you have fun..?"

"Mm, okay. Thanks guys, see ya," I say to them, and I hear my door close, meaning that I'm alone.

I really wish CeCe and Erica had have been able to come to Ireland, too, but they had to go back to America.

I stand up, and look at the clothes I laid out this morning, after much fretting over what to wear for the date.

I had picked out a red, no-sleeved, t-shirt, a black cardigan, black skinny jeans, and red converse. I really hope he meant it when he said I didn't have to wear anything nice, because if he turns up in a suit or something, and I'm wearing this...

I push the thoughts out of my head, and put on my clothes, before applying some make-up.

I look in the mirror and brush out my hair, trying to look as nice as I can.

I sigh at my reflection and glance at the clock to see it is only a couple of minutes until seven, and I feel my heart beat become faster, and a feeling of excitement and sickness form in my stomach as I quickly try and perfect my appearance as much as possible.

When there is a knock at the door, my heart beat is so clear, and audible that I'm sure that it could pop out of my chest. I take a deep breath, standing up and walking over to the door.

I take another deep breath before opening the door to see Harry smiling, wearing a white t-shirt with a black jacket on top, and black trousers, his cast visible from underneath.

"You look really nice," he comments, leaning against the doorway.

"Um, thanks, you do too," I blush slightly, as I step out of the room and close the door, after making sure the key is in my pocket.

He slips his hand in mine, and I look down at our entwined fingers with a smile.

We walk through the hotel silently, as he leads me through the front entrance, only to be greeted by plenty of flashing cameras and screams. How long do they wait here?

Harry and I walk through the crowd, slowly though, as to keep with Harry's pace, and I see a black car up ahead. Harry opens the door for me with a small smile and nod, and I get in with a shy smile and a, "thank you."

He gets in after me, shutting the door and facing me with a smile. The driver starts to drive away from the hotel, and the further we get, the more distant the screams become.

"Wow, they really love you," I say.

After a few moments of silence, he asks, "Do you?"

"Do I what?"

"Erm, nothing," he answers quickly, leaving me curious.

I shake off the thought and realise that I don't know where the date actually is.

"Where are we going?" I ask him.

"You'll see," he tells me, a smirk playing on his lips.

"You're not telling me?" I ask, frowning.

"Well, you haven't asked up till now, so, might as well leave you wondering," he sticks his tongue out at me.

I groan but then forget about it, it would be fun not knowing anyway, right?