Chapter 60

Megan Watson's POV

As soon as the words leave Niall's mouth, my eyes widen and I become speechless. I know we had been on a date and had kissed several times, but I was still shocked at his words, which if I agreed to would make us officially an item.

Unable to form any words, I swallow a lump in my throat and push a strand of my hair behind my ear, trying and failing to reply to him.

He lets out a deep sigh, dropping my hands and taking a few steps back, and running his hands through his hair before dropping them to his sides, looking upset and frustrated.

"No, Niall," I stop him, finally able to form words after my shock, taking his hands again, "I'd love to be your girlfriend. One hundred percent. I was just too shocked to answer. I'm sorry."

His eyes light up with hope as he says, "Seriously?"

I smile, biting my lip and giggling lightly, "Seriously."

He grins with such happiness that I can't help but smile just as widely and feel butterflies in my stomach. He takes my face in his hands and kisses me, the smile staying on his face. I kiss him back, smiling against his lips as he gently strokes my cheek with his thumb.

He soon pulls away, both of us smiling, before he asks me after a few moments, looking me in the eye, "You tired?"

I shrug, "Sorta." I immediately let out a yawn afterwards, making him laugh.

"I'll be right back, okay?" He asks, his whole mood seeming to be happy and cheerful. I nod, biting my lip with a smile, before he places a kiss to my forehead and leaves the hotel room with a smile on his face.

I let out a huge breath, falling back onto the bed as I think about what just happened. Niall and I are actually together.

And how I feel about that? Weird.

Very happy, but weird. I have to keep reminding myself that we are actually going out now, that this is reality, this has really happened. And it all feels weird, but in a good way. Niall and I are a couple. Niall.

I become so observed in my own thoughts that I don't notice the few minutes go by, and before I know it Niall is standing over me curiously.

"Whatcha thinkin about?" He asks, a small smile on his face as he raises his eyebrows curiously. I sit up, shrugging as he sits beside me.

"It's just all a bit weird, don't ya think?" I ask bluntly, pushing a stray strand of my hair behind my ear.

"What do you mean?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Like..." I pause, biting my lip as I try to find the words to explain it, "We're together now. Us. It's just gonna take some getting used to."

He nods his head, before saying, "It's not gonna be that different. Except now.." He pauses, looking at me with a small smirk on his face, "I get to do this."

He presses his lips to mine, smiling against my lips as he pushes me down slightly and crawls on top of me. I wrap my fingers around the back of his neck, letting out a giggle. The kiss doesn't last very long, him soon pulling away, laughing lightly. He gets up, crawling off me before walking over to the opposite side of the room. Before I know what's happening, clothes are thrown right at me, hitting me in the face.

"Hey!" I exclaim, pulling them off my face. "What was that for?" I laugh lightly, before looking at them to see they are grey tracksuit bottoms and a plain white, baggy t-shirt, and I remember having seen Niall wearing them before.